Weekend Thoughts: The Integrity Factor

, , 5 comments
This week I wrote about my daughter's hang up call to the local police station. We have no idea how long we were "on the air" before she hung up. I immediately started thinking, "What did they hear during that time?" Thankfully It wasn't one of those meltdown moments when everyone was whining and crying, but what exactly did we say?

I remember the day we discovered that our baby monitor could pick up the signal of our neighbor's baby monitor. We immediately changed it so as not to eavesdrop but we also became very concerned that the system would do the same thing in the other direction. After that discovery we became very good about unplugging the monitor when we weren't using it. I didn't like the idea of my neighbor being able to hear everything that is said and done in our house. This is of course a reasonable concern since hearing only gives part of the story (consider the sounds while disciplining a two year old). But, there is someone who not only hears but sees and even knows our motivations.

Psalm 139: 1-4



1 O LORD, you have searched me
and you know me.



2 You know when I sit and when I rise;
you perceive my thoughts from afar.



3 You discern my going out and my lying down;
you are familiar with all my ways.



4 Before a word is on my tongue
you know it completely, O LORD.


When I say I want to live a life that glorifies my Lord that means I need to do it all the time. There is no turning off the baby monitor or hanging up the phone. There is no putting on pretenses when He is concerned. The fact is, if it were not for the forgiveness I received through Jesus Christ, my Heavenly Father would be very disappointed in what He sees. But he has sent his son and he does forgive my sin. I am thankful that God knows the real me. He knows my attitudes, my motivations, my desires, my limits. And knowing all this, He loves me still. This summer, as I spend time in His Word, I want to get real with my Lord. To confess my sins to Him, knowing that "He is faithful and just to forgive me from all unrighteousness." 1 John 1:9.

Weekend Thoughts:
My posts typically relate funny anecdotes about the happenings here at the circus.  While my days are seldom “normal” enough to leave me without a “post worthy” moment, I use my last post of the week to highlight something a little more “thoughtful” and significant. If you had a thoughtful post from this last week, or choose to make a new one, please feel free to add a link in the comments section below.  I’d love to hear what others are learning.

5 comments:

  1. I am so glad that our Lord loves me as I am. If I had to get "well" first before He could love me I am afraid He would never be able to love me. Thank you Lord for you unconditional unfailing love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a good point! Thanks for the great reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wanted to thank you for this reminder. I am so thankful that my Lord sees me as I am and yet, continues to love me. I don't have to hide or pretend with Him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been challenged to truly open my heart to love this weekend. I've been watching Beth Moore's study, "Loving Well," and God has spoken to my heart, and I am thankful that He loves me well, so I can love others well too.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How true is that. I so appreciate your thoughtfulness, because right now, mostly, I am feeling tired and shallow. So I really like to hear what you have to say.

    He knows my motivations. Shudder.

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a message (No account needed, you can be anonymous)