No Electricity, Water or Internet

, , 10 comments
We lost power at about 4pm on Wednesday. Losing power really wouldn't be so bad if it didn’t mean that I had to loose water too. It makes you realize how often you run to the sink to clean up messes the kids leave in their wake. the kids have been handling it really well. I told my son that the electricity was out and about a hour later the following discussion took place.

Son: "Mom, I can stick my finger in here now!’ (He's pointing at an electrical socket)

Mom: "NO! son, you can never stick your finger in there. That is very dangerous."

Son: "But mom, you said the electricity was out so there's no electricity in the wall - right?"

Wow. I tell you. For being 4 years old that kid is smart enough to get himself in a bunch of trouble someday. Wish me luck.

10 comments:

  1. LOL Always questioning and always testing theories. Does Nana recall any of this from years gone by?!?!? Could be a promising future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. our electricity was out for 2 hours monday afternoon. my oldest daughter wanted to watch a movie. we told her no the electricty is off nothing will work. she goes to her room and in a few seconds comes back and says wow even the night light isn't working. our youngest 3 years old ran down the hallway and said the night light in the hallway died.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You bet yea!!! That boy's Father was the prince of "Why?" "What if?" and "How does that Work?"
    Always thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Update From the BG&E website. "We currently have 43,858 customers without service. The estimated restoration time for the vast majority of customers affected by the heavy thunderstorms is Friday, June 6th at 6:00PM. " - YIKES, Say it ain't so!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm, he sounds like his dad and uncle combined! I'll pray for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. YIKES! Boys really do scare me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm headed home from work. Still no power at home - 26 hours and counting....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm back to work. Still no power. 40+ hours and counting....

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to read this a couple of times. You give me good reading and
    think of you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. forgt to say i enjoy the pictures

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a message (No account needed, you can be anonymous)