My 100th Post!

, , 10 comments

It’s my 100th post, so I thought I’d post a hundred things about myself…





  1. I love the smell of play dough.

  2. I like to have a night light on in our room at night.

  3. When I am baking cookies I tend to eat at least half of the dough.

  4. I hate vanilla ice cream.

  5. I also don’t like cake, especially chocolate cake.

  6. So, you don’t think I am crazy, I do have a weakness for ice cream, especially hand scooped, particularly chocolate peanut butter.

  7. I am a COKE girl all the way, and not matter how badly I am craving a soda will drink water if the restaurant only sells Pepsi.

  8. I detest Diet Coke and would rather drink less Coke, less often, and get the real thing.

  9. I was a huge fan of the TV show Alias when it was on and would actually have dreams where I was Jennifer Garner and could go out and whip up on terrorists.

  10. If you actually knew me you would think that was funny b/c I am a big fraidy cat.

  11. Still in my mind, I’d picture myself with purple hair, and a mini skirt kicking butt.

  12. I am a huge, raving fan of Chick-Fil-A and even showed up on cow appreciation day dressed in cow print with my children dressed as cows, all to get a free meal.

  13. I love to watch football, and am a huge fan of the Pittsburgh Steelers.

  14. I hate the Ravens almost as much as I love the Steelers.

  15. I taught 3rd grade for 3 years.

  16. I tripped when walking to my seat on the stage at graduation after receiving my diploma.

  17. I don’t cry when I am happy.

  18. I wish I did, because I feel like it makes me look like a stoic.

  19. I love the smell of coffee and begged my husband to get addicted so that our house could smell like coffee in the morning.

  20. I’m from Maryland.

  21. I’ve only had crabs once and when I did I dipped them in ketchup.

  22. Heinz is hands down the best ketchup and you really can tell the difference between it and others.

  23. I have 5 colleges on my college transcript.

  24. (2 were from community colleges that I went to during the summer)

  25. I changed my major twice in college.

  26. I still graduated in 4 years.

  27. I got married 2 weeks after I graduated college.

  28. This was my motivation for taking those summer classes and graduating in 4 years.

  29. I think TiVo is one of the greatest inventions there is.

  30. I think golf is one of the boringest things to watch on TV (hmm can you tell my husband watched the US Open this weekend?)

  31. My husband and I went to see Toy Story on Ice before we had kids.

  32. I think we were the only people in the arena without children on our laps.

  33. For my first date with my husband, he came to my house and we watched the movie Toy Story.

  34. Thunder storms scare me when my husband isn’t at home.

  35. I love holidays and my friend once described my house as like a giant elementary school bulletin board.

  36. Christmas is my favorite holiday.

  37. It kills me to wait till the day after Thanksgiving to turn on Christmas music.

  38. When I was in kindergarten, I took two color by number papers from school (instead of one) when the teacher was passing them out and took the extra one home and told my mom it was homework.

  39. I felt guilty about this for 3 years and in third grade I confessed to my mom that I “lied and stole.”

  40. I don’t iron. Ever.

  41. More often than not I leave the house without having blown dried my hair or put make up on.

  42. I have a weakness for OREO’s (but only with milk).

  43. I am truly and literally a steak and potato kind of girl.

  44. For as long as I can remember I’ve known Jesus as my Savior.

  45. I’ve only lived in two states my whole life. Pennsylvania and Maryland.

  46. Growing up my mom was my best friend and I told her EVERYTHING.

  47. I pray that I can have that kind of closeness with my girls.

  48. I love to listen to Oldies stations on the radio. I also love to sing along and always think it would have been fun to grow up back then.

  49. Snakes and bats freak me out and I will scream like a girl if I see one or if you tell me there is one nearby.

  50. I feel the same way about mice and when we had them in our apartment I was that girl who stood on a chair and squealed.

  51. When I was in third grade I told my Sunday School teacher I wanted to be the first female president.

  52. I no longer have that aspiration.

  53. I drink a glass of milk with chocolate malt Ovaltine every morning for breakfast. “More Ovaltine please!” (yup that’s me)!

  54. My husband and I want to visit each of the U.S. National Parks.

  55. I really like hot pink.

  56. Little Women and You’ve Got Mail are my two favorite movies.

  57. I am afraid of heights.

  58. I love to go camping. I think being in Creation away from everything and sitting around a fire eating smores is well worth all the stuff you have to pack, the walk to the toilet and the dirt.

  59. I am horrible at parking. Forget parallel parking, I haven’t done that since my drivers test, I am horrible at pulling into or out of a parking spot.

  60. I have parked too close to the car beside me and had to wait for the person to leave before I could get out of my spot. (this has happened more than once)

  61. No, I don’t drive a Hummer.

  62. I can’t go to sleep without peeking in on my kids sleeping in their beds.

  63. I can go to sleep without brushing my teeth.

  64. I’ve done so more than once.

  65. I’ve never had a cavity in my life.

  66. I played with Barbie dolls LONG after I wanted to admit to anyone that I was still playing with dolls.

  67. I don’t like to drive and happily take shot gun and navigate almost every time my husband and I drive somewhere together.

  68. I am the coordinator for a MOPS (Mothers Of PreSchoolers) group that meets at my church.

  69. I played basketball for half a season in eighth grade.

  70. My coach had to pull me out of the game b/c I made the free throw shot and was so surprised and excited that I couldn’t stop jumping up and down.

  71. I don’t like just plain chocolate, as in Hershey Kisses, Hershey bar, or a handful of chocolate chips.

  72. M&Ms however are one of my favorite candies.

  73. I also really like peppermint patties. (also known as Charlie Brown Candy by my son)

  74. I’d happily eat cereal for breakfast, lunch, or dinner if I didn’t have other people to prepare food for.

  75. If I wasn’t “the mom” I would eat the good, candy coated cereal, but since it is too hard to hide that stuff and eat it in secret, I just buy the healthy stuff and most often stick to my Ovaltine instead.

  76. I am a planner. I like calendars and dates and lists.

  77. I don’t like Ricotta cheese and when I make lasagna for dinner I always leave one third of it without the ricotta and my husband knows that when he cuts the lasagna, the low deflated portion is mine.

  78. My middle name is after my mom. Sue.

  79. I have one younger brother.

  80. I like to take pictures, lots of them, often. We have 2 external hard drives because of this.

  81. Nothing beats warm, freshly baked bread with melted butter on top. Mmmm……

  82. I gained over 50 pounds when I was pregnant with my son.

  83. I lost all the baby weight before getting pregnant again.

  84. The girls were nicer to me.

  85. But I still have 11 pounds to lose from baby number 3.

  86. (most of you will hate me for this one) I didn’t throw up once with any of my three pregnancies.

  87. One of my favorite things to do on a Sunday afternoon is curl up and take a nap with my hubby while the kids are all sleeping.

  88. One of my favorite flowers is a daffodil because my grandma gave me daffodil bulbs when I was a little girl.

  89. I’d rather be hot than cold.

  90. When I sleep I always like to have a blanket on me, but I hate to have my feet covered.

  91. I have a hard time eating my veggies.

  92. I often splurge on Bath and Body Works soap because it just smells so nice and seems worth it.

  93. I have never smoked a cigarette or cigar and don’t ever care to.

  94. I never drink the last swig or two from a soda can. This isn’t a conscious decision. I guess I hate when it starts to get warm or flat. This drives my husband crazy as he has often spilled soda on the floor when he assumed the can was empty.

  95. My favorite Girl Scout cookies are Thin Mints (especially frozen) and Samoas.

  96. I love to sing praise songs.

  97. I had a NKOTB Birthday party once. My invitations read, "Hang Tough at Crystal's New Kids on the Block Birthday party" Yea... I was so cool!

  98. Most people think I am an extrovert, but I’m really not. I can be outgoing, but it drains me.

  99. I lam madly in love with my husband!

  100. I was a big fan of Saved by the Bell, Full House, and the Brady Bunch growing up. When I watch them now, I can't believe I watched them so faithfully time and time again. Except for Brady Bunch... it's classic... even the made for TV movie reunions.






Wow! Did any of you stick around to read the whole list? What surprised you? What do we have in common? Leave me a comment… they make my day!



Thanks for reading my blog. Can’t believe I’ve written 100 posts already.



10 comments:

  1. This is great!! Congratulation on your 100th post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! Can't believe you have written 100 posts already - CONGRATULATIONS! And please keep them coming. Not much surprised me - remember you grew up telling me everything. But I loved all 100 of them. I try to remember all of those likes and dislikes :-) (Will try to sneak you some sugary cereal when you come to visit and you don't need to hide it until it is gone) I Praise God for how He made you and what you are doing to serve Him now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, you asked for it, so here goes:
    13
    17
    19 - There was no begging necessary though, because I was the addict before the perpetual pregnancy epidemic set in. We don't regularly drink coffee anymore, but when we do, it smells like heaven!
    26
    36 - Christmas is a minimum of a month long celebration around here
    37 - I'm still feeling wounded over the fact that Jordan won't let me play Christmas music in the summer
    48
    55 - VERY obvious
    59 - I've never done it outside of my driver's ed class
    66 - You're the only other one I've ever met!
    74
    76
    78 - Except mine is Lynne
    80
    82 - Only it was 86!
    93
    96
    99 - MY husband though, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute. I love the 100 things! I will tell you though I had to re-read # 21 several times!! We don't eat a lot of seafood in IA, which is why I'm also meat & potatoes girl, through & through.

    I am totally going to have to pick your brain sometime because I'll be starting a MOPS group at my church next year! I've been on steering for 3 years (at a MOPS not at my home church)and am taking this year off to hopefully plan & attend other groups in my area.

    We have a lot in common.

    Oh & Once in college, my roommate found her old NKOTB tape so we jammed it uber loud & had our whole apt complex Hangin' Tough. It was so funny!

    I want to invite you to participate in my fest on Thursday--It's Real Life. Hope you can come play with me! Should be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so impressed that you got to 100 posts so quickly! I loved your list - I was trying to remember all the ones that stood out or I agreed with...but all I think of without looking at it is that my feelings about the Steelers and the Ravens match yours exactly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great list! I loved reading it and learning more about you. It was cool to read about the little girl you and the Mommy you...since I only knew the college you!

    Congratulations on 100 posts! Here's to many, many more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i usually don't read these posts, but yours was so fun! alot of it i knew, or didn't surprise me. :) glad to have you as a sis! so for halloween, will you please, please, PLEASE dress up in the mini skirt and purple hair???

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! Congrats, I think I am up to 96 posts now. I might have to do the list of 100 thing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great list! We have quite a few of these in common:

    I love the smell of playdoh too. I cannot however sleep with a nightlight (I prefer pitch black, with no alarm clock lights and certainly no blinking lights!). I strongly prefer Coke (but will sometimes cave and drink Pepsi). Alias was my favorite show while it was on. Heinz Ketchup is BY FAR superior to all the other brands, and I can always tell when a restaurant has put counterfeit ketchup in a Heinz bottle (I hate it when they do that)!

    Thanks for linking up to my 100th!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My favorite Girl Scout Cookies are the same as yours. I never add Ricotta to my lasagna, I don't like it. I love to go camping too! Maybe we can plan a camping trip together...

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a message (No account needed, you can be anonymous)