My Little Photo Journalist

, , 36 comments

We keep our digital “point and shoot” camera on the counter.  My 5 year old calls it “his camera.”  He has permission to run and grab it to snap photos when something catches his fancy.  Every now and then I’ll download them and enjoy a glimpse of life around the circus through the eyes of my eldest. 

He was so excited about this puddle that he found on the deck a few weeks ago.  He had Daddy stand and guard it so his sister’s didn’t destroy it until he snapped a picture.  Can you guess what animal he saw?

Answer: Lion

I love the fact that when you look at this picture you can tell it was taken from a photographer who was under 4 ft tall.  I also love that we are off centered… it makes me smile.

IMG_5187

His beloved birds and the nest he built for them last week.

 IMG_5193 

Here his little hobby came in handy in getting Mom’s attention when his little sister was getting into trouble.  I hadn’t noticed her mischief until I saw him grab his camera.  After grabbing mine, I got her off the table!

IMG_5203

Isn’t that the coolest strawberry you’ve ever seen?  I thought it looked like a star, he sees a butterfly.  What do you see?

IMG_5206

Our little photographer himself.  Gosh, how I love that smile of his!

IMG_5179

Visit here or here for more Wednesday fun with pics or check out his other photography here.

36 comments:

  1. I think the birds nest is so cute he as a talent with the camera.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! Great to live in the moment of your babes!

    I'm with your little man! I see a butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you describe your "point and shoot." Seriously, I use a "point and shoot." You are so photographically sophisticated! :)

    And so is he...it won't be long before he graduates to the next camera level! Look out then!

    Ps. I see a star.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great WW and wonderful photographer. And the strawberry does look like a butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see butterfly! Cool pics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. my kids love to take photos as well

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too cute! It's amazing to see things through a little one's eyes! They are great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I see an alligator??? LOL!

    You have a photographer in the making!!

    Happy WW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that you give your son access to a camera. That would have been my dream come true as a child.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's awesome! LOVE it when kids pick up the cameras!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a beautiful stawberry, definitely looks like a star!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My son has a camera of his own too and he loves taking pictures! He is very disapppointed when he forgets it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My two boys share a their Olympus camera..they really love snapping everything in sight.. especially the two year old.

    ReplyDelete
  14. He's got a career in front of him. That strawberry is wacky! Ok, do tell what animal he saw. The first thing that popped into my head was a wolf.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those are all really good pictures!! That is great that you just have your point and shoot available for him to use.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What great pictures! Great way to know what he is seeing and thinking! You are going to need much more hard drive soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very talented. I love how he sees things in the shapes. Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So cute! These are some of my favorite kind of pictures--getting to see the world through a kiddo's eyes!

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those are some great pics- quite a little artist he is already when he looks through the lens.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those are fun, I especially like the strawberry. Good to get them started early on "art" :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those are great! That strawberry is so cool looking! Did you eat it?

    Happy WW!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great photos. What a cutie he is. And very creative

    ReplyDelete
  23. I see a flower. Cool Strawberry! Love the pictures he took he has quite and eye!

    ReplyDelete
  24. My son loves to take pictures too! Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  25. wow - he really does have talent when it comes to seeing the picture! My favorite was the one of you and your daughter - the perspective is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  26. These are priceless. I love munchkin photographers. My son (3.5 y/o) loves to take pictures too. It really does give you a glimpse into their little viewpoint.

    I agree with the strawberry looking like a butterfly and I was a man's singing face in the puddle.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Adorable!! My 7 yr old has a camera that he loves, and I'm always amazed by the pictures he captures too.

    ReplyDelete
  28. My 5 year old is always wanting to take pictures... Yours does such a great job! What a cutie!
    And wow, what a neat strawberry!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love his bird nest! He's so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love the first picture! It is amazing how creative your son is!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a message (No account needed, you can be anonymous)