Watching a Wedding With the Circus Crew

, , 19 comments

A few weeks ago Scott’s cousin was married in CA.  Since the groom was from Brazil, we were among many friends and relatives that weren’t able to attend the ceremony.  The family thoughtfully broadcasted the ceremony live on the internet.  I had never attending a wedding this way before. 

While we would have preferred to attend the wedding in person and share in their celebration with them, in some ways, it was the easiest way to watch the ceremony with our three kids present.

The kids were able to play during the ceremony without us having to worry about them disturbing anyone else.   My daughter made sure that all of the little people were present and lined up to see the ceremony,  while my son flew something around the room.

IMG_2435

We were able to type messages to the bride and groom and they could talk back to us.  My daughter didn’t  quite grasp the fact that they couldn’t see her though.  Here she is holding up some signs for them.  IMG_2466

Eventually they got so out of control that even though they weren’t disturbing any of the other guests, they were disturbing us (first time I was ever body bashed while watching a wedding) so we sent them to their room to play.  IMG_2481

Every now and then they’d come out though.  At one point my son was marching through the room singing, “Pha-roah, Pha-roh, let my people go,  before God smites you with his hand” not your typical wedding song.  After the ceremony was over and we got to “talk” to the beautiful bride and groom as well as extended family members, we went back to the kids room. 

IMG_2507

It appears that they thought a fun way to play quietly was to take every.single. paper out of their binders and scatter them over their entire bedroom.  Nice, huh?

We were so thankful that we had the opportunity to share in bride and groom’s special day from the other side of the country.  I’m pretty certain though that they won’t be including these pictures in their wedding album.  For more pictures that won’t see the inside of a scrapbook, check out We are THAT Family.

19 comments:

  1. That is so cool and exactly the way I'd like to attend weddings these days. The alternative with 3 kids is just not so appealing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool is that?! I have never heard of having a wedding like that before. My husband would love it...he hates getting all fancied up!!
    Your kids are cracking me up! They are so cute. Pebbles likes the little people too! And to fly stuff around the room, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, it's awesome that you could watch it online! What an amazing option!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there cousin! I'm so glad that everyone had so much fun watching it and we're so glad that we got to DOUBLE the number of people who could watch the wedding this way. There were over 60 computers watching! Crazy, huh? But it was definitely the best way to have everyone present all around the world. I'm so glad you guys got to be a part of it! The pictures are adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute is that?!!! So glad you all could share the VERY touching ceremony with us. Glad the kiddoes found something productive to do once they grew bored!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that they decided to do some spring cleaning. I always get that urge to nest when attending a wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO totally cool.

    And, my kids will trash any room that they're left alone in for more than 3 minutes. Strike that. They can trash it in 30 seconds.

    Your kiddos are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great way to attend a wedding! I wish I could do this with my husband's side of the family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How nice that you could attend in some way. And isn't it amazing what kids do when we aren't watching. Congratulations to the bride and groom.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Isn't technology a beautiful thing? (When it works!)

    What an awesome idea! I had to laugh when you said I've never been body bashed at a wedding before ...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like that idea for a wedding. It would be especially great for my family, where adult only weddings are the norm. I was sad when at age 12, I was too young to be invited to my first cousin's wedding. It would have lessened the blow, had I been able to watch via the Internet.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Technology amazes me! I am so glad that you got to enjoy the experience in comfort and without fretting about the kiddos.

    Things like that are expensive too, you know? I'll always realize that someone has grown out of their dress clothes or shoes and we have to buy something new for the occasion. This would be way preferrable to me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fantastic idea. Every day I am amazed by a new direction in technology! How wonderful that you could participate without 'being there' :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. if only i could have SEEN what i was hearing on the other side of that phone! LOVE the body slam. you look so innocent and oblivious!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What great pictures. These are great. Great Falls is Virginia. Really beautiful. Right across the Potomac from Washington DC. :) Thanks for stopping by and your kinds words.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, I would NEVER have to worry about what to wear to a wedding again if all my friends and family would provide live internet feed! ;-)

    Looks like my kid's rooms.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What I want to know is who got to clean up that bedroom! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. the other day I ran upstairs for like 2 minutes and came back down to about 1000 markers on the kitchen floor, most with the tops off and marker marks on the floor. Oh what they do with their time!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a message (No account needed, you can be anonymous)