Daddy's Football Fan

, , 18 comments
For as long as I can remember my Dad and I have bonded over sports. While most kids were getting quizzed on states and capitals, we'd play a game where he'd say a city and I'd have to name the baseball and or football team from that city. I loved this game! As evidenced here, he raised me as a Steelers fan since I was an infant. When I moved to MD he would tape the games not televised here and mail them to me so my husband and I could watch them mid week. We try to watch at least a few games together every season and typically talk on the phone at some point during every game.

It's not all about sports though, I have been truly blessed to have a Dad who cares about his family. He always made his family a priority and was there for us. He worked long hours to provide for us. He took time out of his work day to watch my band competitions, come to my lacrosse games (even when I sat the bench for the entire game), and he drove my brother and I to and from school. My dad is also a great shopping partner. He would patiently walk with me from one end of the mall to another as I would shop for clothes or shoes or whatever. He never complained no matter how long I took.

I have been blessed to have a Dad who loves the Lord, his wife, and his children and I am grateful for the closeness we've shared my whole life. Happy Fathers Day Dad!

For more blasts from the past (probably less sappy than this) check out We are THAT Family.

18 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, he looks exactly the same! And he looks so proud of his little Steelers girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet picture. I didn't even think about doing anything about my Dad. But I don't have any really good and embarrassing pics of him to post here at my house. I may do that another day, when I go through the photo albums back home!

    Great post!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'm all about sappy when it comes to my Dad. Love the post and the picture is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aren't dad's just the coolest! You have a very super duper dad!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your Daddy dearly. You still shine when it comes to football trivia!! Go Steelers!! Happy Father's Day to all the Dads out there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great tribute to your dad! Lovely photo too!

    Hope Father's Day for you guys is awesome.

    Thanks for playing along...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bet this blessed the socks off of your Dad. What a great way to honor him!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a really cool pix of my dad and I ...in storage somewhere's?

    I love hearing of good memories like these!
    Cute baby!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great dad! They say you marry someone just like your dad and from your writings it looks like you were blessed to have that happen.
    The Park Wife

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable photo! My dad always quizzed us on Classic Rock... "Quick, who sings this song?" and he loved making up games using the encyclopedia or the dictionary. We never bonded over sports, but I love football.

    Unfortunately up here in WA, we're not big Steelers fans. Seahawks all the way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What precious memories you have!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, great post! And a picture of the two of you ...great idea! Your Dad sounds like a great man. I am also thrilled that it's a Steelers onesie your wearning, Yeah Steelers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful father he sounds like. I hear being raised a Steeler fan is a lot like being raised and Alabama football fan! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are truly blessed to have a dad like yours. It sounds like you appreciate every inch of him--good for you!
    Thanks for visiting my blog!
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pop and I are so glad that our daughter-in-love grew up in such a warm and loving family. We agree she has a great father. Go Steelers!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awww.. what a cute little Steelers baby! So cute

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a message (No account needed, you can be anonymous)