Quick and Easy Dinners

, , 10 comments
Shannon at Rocks in My Dryer has asked us to post 5 ingredients or less recipes this week for Works for Me Wednesday. Some of my favorite quick and easy recipes are crockpot recipes.  The only time I come home to the smell of a home cooked meal is when I cook a crock pot meal.  My favorites are the kind when you dump and pour cans into the crock pot.  I have also found that if you use frozen chicken breasts, they come out incredibly tender.

These meals are served at least once a month at our house and are great for days when I know we will have a crazy afternoon and I want dinner quickly.  And best yet, it doesn't take much time in the morning to get it ready.  When my son was a new born his fussy time of day was always right before dinner.  He slept really well in the morning, so crock pot meals worked for me b/c I could make dinner during his sleepy time and then when he was fussy, I didn't have to stress about making dinner.

Fiesta Chicken:

  • Put frozen chicken breasts into crock pot add one jar of salsa and simmer on low for 8 hrs.



  • Serve chicken and salsa over rice and sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese on top.


Mexican Chicken Tortilla Soup

Put 2 frozen chicken breasts into crock pot

Add:

  • one can of diced tomatos with jalepenos

  • one can of black beans

  • 2 cans of cream of chicken soup

  • one cup of water


Simmer on low for 8 hrs or more or high for 6 hours

Serve with crushed tortilla chips in bowl and sour cream.

Chicken and Dumplings

  • Put frozen chicken breasts into crock pot



  • Add 2 cans of chicken broth



  • Simmer on low for 8 hrs or high for 6 hrs



  • Then mix Bisquick and milk to make dumplings and follow recipe on Bisquick box (allow 20 min to cook dumplings)


Hope you enjoy these recipes!!!  For more quick and easy recipes using 5 ingredients or less, be sure to check out Rocks in My Dryer.

10 comments:

  1. We love our crockpot here. I'll be adding these recipes to our rotation! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was just wondering what to do with the chicken in my freezer...Thanks for the recipes! sound YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm, I've only ever used my crock pot once, to transport some chili! Maybe I'll have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love using the crock-pot, more in the winter than summer. And I DO love some chicken and dumplings, I'll have to write this one down and give it a try. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the soup sounds delish! i have some questions though... can you use non-frozen chicken? and how long would you cook if not frozen? i'm hungry just thinking about it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sure you can use non frozen chicken. I would imagine you wouldn't need to cook it as long. I have people tell me that they think chicken comes our rubbery in the crockpot. I suspect this may be when they use fresh chicken, but that is just a guess. I have never bought fresh chicken. I typically just buy those big bags with frozen chicken breasts in them and I use them in the crock pot or thaw and cook regularly. If you try it, let me know how it works. We had the soup for dinner Tuesday night... it has become one of my favorite recipes!

    Hope that helps Jeanette and Karen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tammy,
    I forgot to mention that I take the boiled chicken and broth out of the crock pot and onto a pot on the stove for the dumpling stage. The dumplings don't work in the actual crock pot as it doesn't bring it to a boil.

    I have thought about putting the crock pot out on my deck during the summer so it didn't heat the house up so much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum! I love using my crockpot! I wanted to try chicken and dumplings, but haven't had the nerve yet. But I know I'll try them soon! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the Yummy recipes. I'll be trying them soon. I have been looking for some good crock pot recipes for days that are too busy to be in the kitchen cooking and preparing dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A creamy mexican soup? Does it get any better? Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a message (No account needed, you can be anonymous)