Nothing Says Happy Birthday Like…

, , 19 comments

My little brother celebrated his birthday this week.  And being the good big sister that I am, I thought I’d share some lovely pics of him growing up for my Fro Me to You post this week.  Cuz’ nothing says happy birthday like having your big sister post your picture on the internet for the world to see.

Happy Birthday Little Brother!

IMG_3235Here we are at one of his birthdays.  I am guessing he was five or 6, making me 8 or 9.  Looks like I gave him a dream team poster. 

We look pretty dressed up for birthday gifts, so I am guessing his birthday fell on a Sunday that year and he got to open his gifts before we left for church.

 

IMG_3236 And here we are on a family excursion to see the Cherry Blossoms in DC.  I am guessing I am in about fifth or sixth grade.  Please take notice of the turquoise shorts with the tucked in shirt and my favorite, the coordinating turquoise “koosh ball” earrings. I was stylin, don’t ya think?

He is my only brother.  While we definitely had our moments growing up, I’d say we were pretty close.  I have fond memories of playing Star Wars and GI Joes with him (I was always Princess Leah cooking food and cleaning house for the troops).  I was a bossy big sister and it took me awhile to figure out that he didn’t need “another mom” as he would tell me time and again.  Once I learned that, we were great friends. 

We were both in each other’s weddings and have been to the hospital to welcome our new niece’s and nephews.   I’m excited that our kids are close in age and hope that they the cousins will be good friends growing up.   

IMG_5197

I am thankful to have him as my brother, friend, and my children’s uncle.

Happy Birthday Bro!  I love you lots!

19 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to him! You are so nice. Just figured out how you and Muthering Heights were related....yes, I'm quick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too sweet! I love the picture of the couch in the first pic. Everyone should have one like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Circus Bro!

    How blessed you are to have him so close and your families are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, great pics. And I see him a lot on Height's blog too!
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, what a sweet post! He was SUCH a cute kid - and a HOT adult! Not that I'm biased or anything. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Sis,
    Thanks for the great phone message today, I enjoyed hearing the kids sing happy birthday. Look forward to seeing you next week at Sweet Pea's Birthday party.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful. I have a big brother and I don't know what I would do without him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great post!! Thanks for sharing. I'm sure the cousins will grow up to be the best of friends :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a beautiful tribute to your brother!!
    thank you SO much for that encouragment you gave me about the long mommy days! that was so sweet....
    i'll be sure to sneak back for a visit!! (you know, b/c there's that hour a day while naps/quiet time is going on for me to spend on the computer, though i should really take your advice and nap myself!)
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. My sister and I always wished we had had a brother. You're very blessed. :)
    I remember those koosh ball earrings! Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a nice post for your brother ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. 1. Happy birthday to your brother~may I just say that I do notice in pictures over at the Heights that he was blessed with some unbelievably good hair....just sayin.

    2. Crystal, I am not sure what to say about your outfit from back in the day. It leaves me without words, although I might have had a very similar one...and I might have been toting some Aussie Scrunch and Spray back then too...but that's a little off topic.

    3. I like the picture with all the kids...what cute families!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I too posted about my brother for the carnival today. His b-day is in March and I may just have to "borrow" your idea and dig thru some old family pics. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Too cute! And Koosh-ball earrings! I'm totally jealous!!!!!!
    Happy Birthday to your brother!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a nice tribute. Siblings really are the best things in life. Happy Birthday to your brother. And I love the turquoise style. I had an outfit like that (except the shirt was relly a tight body suit that drove my mother nuts).

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Birthday to your brother. The photos were great.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great pictures of you and your brother! I did a Fro' post on my brother today, too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great post. How sad - those years go by SO QUICKLY!! I know that you don't always believe they will - when you are so busy daily with the little ones. I love you all. And a big Happy Birthday to your brother (my son)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Birthday, Circus Brother! And I am totally loving the socks.

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a message (No account needed, you can be anonymous)