Happy Fourth!

, , 5 comments
Over the years the fourth of July has become one of my favorite family fun holidays. We took the kids and both sets of grandparents to a local parade. The streets lined with children and American flags reminded me of something out of a movie. It felt like home town America. My favorite part is always when the Veteran's march past. As I stand and clap and cheer, I can't hold in the tears of gratitude for these men and woman who deserve honor and recognition. They sacrificed so much for our freedom. I just hope they know how appreciated they are and they can hear the cheers and shouts of Thank You!  Later this afternoon we'll have a cookout with the whole family again and then go to watch the fireworks. To us it's the fourth as it should be. I know there are many families that today aren't together b/c one or more of their family members is serving our country. To them and their families, I want to say Thank You. We're cheering for you!!

5 comments:

  1. And right you are--that is how it should be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love family times together! those pictures say it all. we love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a doll! These family memories will last a lifetime!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great photos! Happy (late) 4th. We finally have our internet access here. Whew...that was a loooonog week! :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a message (No account needed, you can be anonymous)