Worth a Thousand Words and Then Some...

, , 8 comments
My son had his first soccer game last weekend.   I couldn't have been a more proud mom on the sideline as I watched him play.  He grinned from ear to ear the entire time he was out there.    By looking at these pictures you'd think he was the star of the game.  (of course in my eyes, he was) Check him out as he blows past the other team and heads for the goal.

IMG_8120

IMG_8124

Now, if you're a soccer mom you know that at games played by four year olds, you don't get shots like this.  Kids travel in huge packs swarming around the ball like a swarm of bees.

Pretty priceless pictures, huh?

Now for those thousand words...

This was my son's first soccer game.  EVER.  He'd had one practice before this.  So, the concepts of the game were lost on him.

When the coaches stopped the game due to someone falling down, my son didn't realize that meant they were no longer going for the ball.

IMG_8092

You can see the huddle on the ground on the left and on the right you see my son and a few others seizing the opportunity to go after the ball.

IMG_8096

Look at him go, he is so excited...as he blows past the other kids and heads down the field.  You can see the adults in the corner looking towards the left because they know what my dear son doesn't.  The game has stopped.

This is where the pictures go chronologically from the top of the post.  My son kept right on running down the field and to the goal.   Proud as can be.

IMG_8099

This is a shot you don't often see...someone dribbling the ball back down the field away from the goal so they can restart the game.

His grin as he looked over to us on the sidelines was truly priceless.  While some intricacies of the game are lost on him, he knows you are supposed to go after the ball and take it to the goal.  Not too bad for his first game.

8 comments:

  1. That is SO CUTE! Thanks for sharing with us! Happy POW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, what a cutie! I'm sure he learned something, and it made for some great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is adorable! Grins like that make my heart sing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet. I love watching soccer at this age. It reminds me of schools of fish following the food.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My oldest has been playing since he was 4 years old -- he's now 12! We can't wait for footie (soccer) season to start round here in a couple of weeks! GOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAALLLLL!!! Cute photos BTW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. he gets points for determination and passion, right? pretty soon he'll be scoring points for real! great action shots. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh it looks like he was having a great time! And that is the most important thing of all....having fun.

    He will learn the game in time. My son is in his second year of flag football, and he is finally understanding the different positions and their jobs.

    What a great mom you are with all those pictures!

    Yay You!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, made me tear up when you said he looked at you guys and grinned. I think self esteem is a major factor that is implanted very early in life. This is a good experience for all of you.

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a message (No account needed, you can be anonymous)