Why We Shop Online

, , 9 comments

A few weeks ago my hubby and I were shopping for a big purchase.   We aren't the type to make big purchases on the fly.  They require lots of research and thinking and looking and more research then finally purchasing.  Cameras, cars, computers, TV's... they're all the same drill. 

But with three kids under 4, it's not quite as easy as it used to be. 

We made two trips to the store in one weekend and I totally felt like a traveling circus. 

As my husband tried to talk to the salesman and look at various models, I kept my eye on the kiddos and wondered why in the world I even bothered to come.  It wasn't like I was really able to concentrate on anything other than my 2 and 4 year old playing catch with my daughter's purse and my one year old running in the opposite direction from the other two, continually. 

IMG_4384

When I was called in my by hubby for consultation, I did so with a bucking bronco in my arms and the other two bouncing around.  My 2 year old would run up and grab the legs of the salesman, startling them with her huge embrace. 

As we left the store I looked at my husband and said, "This is why I like shopping online." 

With online shopping my husband can do all the research he wants while the kiddos are in the comfort of their own homes, (or better yet their beds) and I can just come look at the screen and listen to the summary.  And my favorite part, they deliver to your home.  I don't have to haul the kiddos out of the house, find their shoes, buckle them in their car seats, unbuckle them, and keep my eye on them in the store.   Online shopping totally works for me.  And I learned by trip three to the store, that for times when we can't shop online, we make sure not to leave the stroller at home. 

Before you check out more great tips at Rocks in My Dryer, take a look at a few more pics of our traveling circus.

IMG_4386Yea...whose bright idea was it put giant red walkway through their store?  My oldest two thought it looked like a race track and my youngest treated it like the "yellow brick road" continually trying to follow the red road away from Mommy and Daddy.

 

We did get a reprieve when the kids found the movies.  They sat quietly looking at the movie pictures for quite awhile.  Doesn't my son look pathetic as he lays on the floor in complete boredom waiting for Mommy and Daddy to finish?

IMG_4397

9 comments:

  1. Bucking Bronco ...now that's a good way to describe how they act!
    I'm scared of the day when Madi walks around the stores instead of being in the buggy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooo, is it a big, huge flat screen on which to watch Steelers games???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the fun of shopping with kids. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree!!! I love shopping online for all the reasons you listed! And because in many cases it's just the only option here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a big fan of shopping online, for my sanity with the kids but also because I don't have to worry about the public viewing of my wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree totally, especially if you can get free shipping!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love the first picture. from the back it looks like child #1 is some great orator about to make his presence known in the store with his wise, and likely loud, prose. child #2 seems to think everyone is at there to see how super-cute she is, complete with pose. and child #3 can think of nothing but escape. love it!

    oh, and by the way, if the goal is to not 'stand out', as they say, perhaps don't go with the matching family wardrobe next time?

    hehe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do ALL my shopping online, including groceries! It started for medical reasons after I had a bone marrow transplant, but I highly recommend it to everyone. The prices including shipping are usually comparable to mall prices, sometimes better.
    I haven't been in a real mall in 3 years!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Online shopping...oh, yes. I HATE going into the stores. I try to get to everyone's Christmas list first so that I can pick something that I can buy online. Sad, but true.

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a message (No account needed, you can be anonymous)