Thoughtful Thursday: Answered Prayer

, , 2 comments
Last week as we were running errands the Christian radio station played one of those 60 sec minisermons. The person was speaking on 1 John 4 and read the passage which states, "This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins."

Son: " Mom, why did she say we don't love God?"

Me: "They were saying that we didn't love God first, but that God loved us and then we loved him."

Son: "Well I have always loved God. Since I was a baby I knew that He was my Savior."

Me: "How did you know? Who told you?"

Son: "I just knew"

Me: "What did He save you from?"

Son: "My sins"

Me: "What is sin?"

Son: "The bad stuff we do"

This conversation touched my heart on many levels. Since before my children were born, it has been my prayer that they would know Jesus as they Savior from a young age and that they wouldn't ever know a day where they didn't know him as their Lord and Savior. We've had several conversations over the past few months about death, Jesus, sin and my husband and I are both convinced that our son recognizes he is a sinner, knows that He needs a Savior and knows that Jesus is the one who took the consequences for his sins. My son's statement have showed me that God has answered that prayer in His life. It was awesome to hear him say, "Mom, I've always known that Jesus is my Savior." I thank God for that answered prayer. It is a thrill to watch the Lord working in his life.

Thoughtful Thursday:
Those of you familiar with my blog know that my posts typically relate funny anecdotes about the happenings of a stay at home wife and mom with three kids. While i suspect my days will seldom be "normal" enough to leave me without a "post worthy" moment, I intend to take some time on Thursdays to highlight something from my week that's a little more "thoughtful" and significant. God is such an integral part of the way I see the world that my "Thoughtful Thursdays" will often reflect on the Lord's work in my life and in the life of my family. If you had a post from this week, or choose to make a specific "Thoughtful Thursday" post, that relates any significant development/observation in your life (spiritual or not) please feel free to post a link to that blog entry in the comments section. I'd love to see how others are developing as well. (Oh, and please don't feel like you have to have a blog or post a link to leave a comment ;-) )

2 comments:

  1. Thank yo SO much for your thoughs. I will look forward to reading your inspirations weekly. Love you <

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is Spring! The flowers and trees are the most beautiful that I have seen for many years. I, like many others, are experiencing major allergy symptoms because of it. But, we must often endure the difficult and uncomfortable - to reap the blessings.
    At our Bible Study group this week, we shared some deep feelings after a lesson on Biblical confrontation. Many tears were shed by young women as well as older ones. The time was right - and things were talked about in a loving atmosphere. Next week's lesson is on forgiveness. Please pray for a Springtime there!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a message (No account needed, you can be anonymous)