Behold the Power of Oxiclean

, , 8 comments


I have been singing the praises of oxiclean for some time now. It has gotten poop, tomato sauce, mud, and spit up out of my clothes for years. This Easter I REALLY put it to the test. We were dying eggs with the kids. My two year old had just plopped her egg into the red dye when she tipped the mug to peer into it and check out her handiwork. I am sure you can imagine where the story goes from here. I thought the shirt was a goner, but we decided to try and soak it in oxiclean just in case.





Oxiclean worked for me, hope it works for you too! Check out Rocks in My Dryer for more Works for Me Wednesdays!



8 comments:

  1. Wow. That Oxiclean works great. I can't believe it made red dye vanish.

    I just looked up the moon cake. That's neat. Some of the cakes that my kids have made are the Princess castle, horse, treasure box, butterfly, and flower power. I love the sheep cake, but none of my kids want to make it. Maybe I'll have them do it for my Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so you just soak it? what's the ratio? (is that a geeky question?) hmm..... ever use it to get stains out of rugs?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Crystal! You should send this blog to the oxiclean people... you are like there spokesman!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to get some of this stuff. I've been using Biz, but it's not cutting it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE oxiclean it is a miracle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. To answer Stella's question... I follow the directions on the box (sometimes) other times I just pour a lot in. You soak it with HOT water. Most often I put an oxiclean load in the wash and let it soak for 12+hrs or so then run it through the wash like normal. This time I put it in a basin and added about 1/2 a scoop of oxiclean. I let it soak all afternoon and by evening noticed most of the red was out. I then ran it through the wash with about 1/2 scoop of oxiclean in the load. I have not tried it on the carpet. However, I did learn that peroxide gets blood out of fabric. Just a freebie tip there for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the tip! I've been using Biz, too, but it only works part of the time. Your daughter is adorable, by the way. : )
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks! i'll get right on it...

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a message (No account needed, you can be anonymous)