Menu Plan Monday

, , 6 comments
I have found that I save a ton of grocery money as well trips to the grocery store, by making a monthly meal plan. I write on my calendar my meals for the month. Then, I make my grocery lists based on that and theoretically, I have all I need for us to eat for the month (with the exception of produce and milk, which I have to return to the store multiple times for). I found a blog which lets you post your weeks meal plan on Monday for others to see. Looks like fun to me and a great way to find new recipes to get you over those slumps of the same old meals. So, this is my first post on Menu Plan Monday. Hopefully, someone will find something yummy they want to try.
Monday- Fiesta Chicken: put frozen chicken breasts and jar of salsa in crock pot on low all day. Make rice and pour chicken and salsa over the rice, top with shredded cheddar cheese. Easy and everyone in my house loves it (even my 2 year old)!
Tuesday-My husband won't be home for dinner this night b/c he is volunteering at a homeless shelter. Since it just me and the kids, I will stick with something simple, like French toast.
Wednesday-Mexican Chicken Soup-I got this one from Sheila's post last week on To Love, Honor, and Vacuum. Sounds yummy so I thought I would give it a try!
Thursday- Jamaican Beans and Rice- also found this recipe on Sheila's post last week. You know my kids love beans, so seemed like a winner for our house!
Friday-Sloppy Joes (made with Manwich) and tater tots.
Saturday-My church is having a children's ministry volunteer appreciation dinner this night, so no cooking for me tonight!
Sunday- Roasted Chicken- whole chickens were on sale a few weeks ago and I bought one and stuck it in the freezer. Thought we'd put it in the oven, have some mashed potatoes and serve up a big, home style meal for dinner.

6 comments:

  1. Fiesta Chicken sounds good!

    Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Crystal! The Jamaican beans and rice was great! I made it with canned kidney beans, but I have a feeling it may have been better if you cooked it exactly the way they said using soaked dried beans, because then the water from the cooking would have flavoured the rice a little more. But it turned out fine with the canned beans too.

    My family all ate it, but they're not big on beans. I'm big on trying to eat a little more meatless just one meal a week, but they haven't quite jumped on board. But they did eat this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great plan! I'll have to try a couple of those!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Fiesta Chicken sounds great. That might have to go on my menu for next week. I don't have a crock pot, though. I'll have to bake it instead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great week, welcome to MPM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tried the Fiesta Chicken tonight. Excellent! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a message (No account needed, you can be anonymous)