The Bane of My Existence

, , 5 comments
bane (bn) n. A source of persistent annoyance or exasperation

When talking about laundry to my husband, I typically describe it as the "bane of my existence." No matter how hard I try to get it washed, folded, and put away, I typically fall short of accomplishing all 3 of those steps. Most often I get it washed, dried, and dumped on to our guest bed (which my husband now affectionately calls his dresser). Then in the morning when my family is looking for something to wear, I run downstairs, rummage through the pile and when I am lucky, emerge with matching socks (or at least close) and clothes for them to wear. Often I go downstairs to discover that the load in the washer was left over night or sometimes nightS and I have to rewash the load (so frustrating). On a good day I get the clothes folded and sorted into piles and once on a blue moon they get folded, sorted, AND (drum roll please) put away.

This was NOT that week.

The pile started on the guest bed and it grew....

I then moved it to my bed thinking that with it on my bed I would be sure to fold and put them away before going to bed that night.

Instead the pile got transfered to an overflowing pile in a basket in our room. After a few days this basket was moved to my living room with the new rationale that with the clothes sitting on our couch I would be sure to fold and put them away b/c I would be looking at them all day.

They stayed on the couch for 3 days.
Yesterday I got them all folded and put into piles. Unfortunately, everyone was napping when this occurred so I couldn't get them put away.
As I sit and type this, they are sitting all nicely folded and in piles on our couch(of course my kids are awake, so we'll see how long this lasts).

THIS is why I should not have started blogging.



****************************************

UPDATE: This post was originally posted at 6:42pm. At 7:30 pm this picture was taken.



5 comments:

  1. LOL
    LOL again!!!
    I don't think it will get better until your kids are old enough to do their own laundry! Then they will be fighting for the laundry room.
    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are THAT FamilyMonday, April 14, 2008

    Oh, I'm with you. Laundry is NOT my friend and I will never embrace it. Never.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post -I'm sure I could take some pictures that could compare! I usually can get to the folding stage no problem but then the clean clothes sit in baskets for days. And inevitably someone starts putting dirty clothes on top - which is my cue to get them put away! Glad to see you're blogging - I'll be checking in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL again. I told this story last night at Hobby Night and the women were right there with you!! You are not alone. I am with Meagan - I remember when my kids were young, I always had the clothes in baskets, clean until empty and back full dirty. I rarely got them put away in time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup. My laundry is usually not put away until next week's laundry is about to be added to the pile.... I just switched to folding instead of hanging up my boys' outfits, which I think will be faster, so I hope my situation will improve!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a message (No account needed, you can be anonymous)