So Does This Mean We Have a Future Brain Surgeon On Our Hands?

, , 8 comments

Today the following conversation took place between me and my 4 year old son as we were driving home from the store.

Son:  Mom, can I see a real brain some day?

Me:  You want to see grain?

Son:  No a BRAIN

pause (and I had been trying to figure out where to find grain...if only...)

Me:  I don't think so, that would be pretty tough

Son:  Well, if someone died and then we cut their head open, then we could see what their brain looked like

another pause...(Did my sweet, innocent little  boy just say that)?

gulp

Me: True, but that would be pretty gross, don't you think?

Son:  Yea...

So, I am hoping that this little conversation can be taken as an indication that my son will grow up to be a brain surgeon some day because the alternative is down right scary!

8 comments:

  1. I'm not sure whether or not it's still there, but there was a traveling exhibit at the Natural History museum on Pittsburgh of an actual human body (with the skin removed) showcasing the major systems. I would assume that the brain was out, but I can't verify that with much authority. Perhaps, if you were to venture up that way, he could check it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL LOL
    Scary!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brains aren't gross. They are amazing, complex, beautiful in their function. Think about it. Oh wait, that would take that "gross" thing.
    I am thinking, brain surgeon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perhaps he will be a CSI or Coroner. After all he was going to wait until the person was deceased.
    Lots of Love

    ReplyDelete
  5. in some scary way, that conversation doesn't surprise me at all. he is so funny! when he is a rich and famous brain surgeon, don't let him forget about his really awesome aunt, ok?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is what you call a teachable moment! There is a nice book out there (sorry I don't know the author) Where at the begining is a whole body and as you turn the pages it takes a layer off and explains the systems that happen at that layer. It has a brain you can see and feel. It is a neat book. They have them for animals to. Just in case he would like to see a dino or whale brain! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. We will pray for the Brain Surgeon... My boys come up with crazy stuff like that all of the time. Be prepared, there are more weird, gross, off the wall, makes you think you screwed up, comments like that coming up in your life - as long as you got boys around! I love it though. It keeps me on my toes, and knees... with a confused look on my face.

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a message (No account needed, you can be anonymous)