An Easy, Fun Fall Craft for You and Your Kiddos

, , 14 comments
 

IMG_8726 Last week the kids and I were looking for something fun to do during that difficult time of day between nap time and dinner.  We went in the yard to collect some leaves for leaf rubbings and I got another idea of what to do with the leaves when we were finished with our rubbings.   

 

IMG_8729We gathered leaves of various colors and types from the yard.  I then took some strips of clear contact paper and peeled the backing off of the contact paper, leaving it sticky side up on the table.  I had the kids lay their leaves down so that the colored side was on the sticky part and the backs of the leaves were facing up.  They got to stick as many leaves on there as they wanted and put them wherever they wanted.  When they finished they sprinkled some red glitter around on the contact paper.

IMG_8739I then picked the contact paper up and stuck it to my sliding glass door.  It made a cute fall decoration for our dining room.  There was little mess, and we all had a great time.  Easy, fun, minimal effort fall crafts work for me.  For other great tips, check out Rocks in My Dryer.

14 comments:

  1. That is so cool!
    I hope I can remember this when Madi is a little older.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the craft idea! I am trying to put together different falled themed crafts for the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute. And if you do it again - make some placemats out of them for fall dining :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love doing this activity : ). My Mom used to do it with me when I was little and now I get to do it with my son! I think we are going to do it on Saturday or Sunday this week. Thanks for sharing! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great tip! Found you via Rocks In My Dryer. Glad I did!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cool! I remember doing that as a child, but I had forgotten all about it.
    Thank you for sharing! :D

    Happy WFMW!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm totally gonna do this with my little guy! Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Scott (Crystal's Hubby)Wednesday, October 22, 2008

    It's things like this that prove you are a better mother to my children than I could have even known to hope for.

    Thanks for being great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it. I did something like that too. When my kids were little. But now I will try this with the grandkids. Thabks for the ideal

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a message (No account needed, you can be anonymous)