Mama, Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up to Be Cow GIRLS!

, , 17 comments

IMG_8376 

 

 

My recent trip to Dallas, prompted me to bring home some cowboy/girl hats for my kiddos and as I snapped pictures of them playing dress up, I was reminded of some pictures from my past which look very similar.  

 

 

 

 

 

In the picture below, I am on a riding horse with a cowgirl like hat at around 17 mths... a mere  2 mths older than my baby girl. Like the old Polaroid picture?  I know I could have cropped it out, but doesn't it look more authentic and antique like with it looking like the original?

img003 

Here's my baby girl in her hat. 

IMG_8547

A few years later my parents got me the whole ensemble... Same pony, but check out the hat, shirt, and skirt!  Don't I look like the next Annie Oakley?

img001

 

Ride em' cowgirlHere's my 2 and a half year old riding her  (slightly less realistic looking) pony and sporting her cowgirl hat.  Not sure what happened to the rest of her outfit... clearly, she is not as properly dressed as I was at that age! 

You'd think by these pictures that my family is from the midwest or something... wouldn't know we are east coasters through and through.  No draaaawls or ya'lls heard round' these parts!

It's fun to pretend though...

For more pictures of days gone by, check out We are THAT Family.

17 comments:

  1. very sweet and you look just like your babies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute and what a great collection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are so cute in their coyboy (girl) gear!! My grandparents gave my sister and I matching cowgirl outfits for Christmas one year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! We had a horse like that too! (the old one)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You do look kind of like Annie Oakley! W that a costume, or a serious outfit? You never know with early 80's fashions, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are too cute! You look alike. I didn't get a baby that looks like me. They both look like their daddy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What great pictures! I think it is very cool that you've got the "generations" of pictures going on.
    Save all those, because one day it may be one of your kids comparing your cowgirl pictures and their cowboy/girl pictures to those of their own children.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love It!! What a great collection - it was fun finding your requested pictures! Cute and cute again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. There's no doubt that those babies are yours! They sure take after their mama!

    ReplyDelete
  10. THose are so cute. I love comparing my pictures with my kids! Except for today. Because that would be cruel.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute! I had one of those horses and cowgirl hats, too. My brother and I had so much fun playing with that horse, but I remember getting pinched in the springs all the time. Ouch!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all the western photos. I dressed up for Halloween one year as Annie Oakley! I still remember that for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I think I had that same cowgirl outfit you had only in yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great minds think alike this week, although your cowgirls are cuter than my pandas.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Too cute! I have the same horse (ok, so mine's a few years older), and all 5 of mine have enjoyed riding it as my parents still have it at their house. They just don't make toys like they used to...

    ReplyDelete
  16. How cute, and I love the title!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Our kids have those exact same hats! We even have a plastic longhorn and a plastic wagon wheel permanently taped to our living room wall for all of our "cowboy adventures."

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a message (No account needed, you can be anonymous)