My Smiling Soccer Star

, , 24 comments

This weekend my daughter had her second soccer game and I am happy to report it went MUCH better than her first.  No tears or pouting and lots of smiles and cute waves to Mom and Dad on the sidelines.  She enthusiastically went after the ball and always cheerfully raised her hand to kick off or make the corner kick when they asked for volunteers.   Like I said, a drastic improvement over game one

IMG_7414

What a joy it was to watch her smiling face as she ran after the ball on Sunday. IMG_7413

I think it is kinda funny to watch the kids in the background of this shot.  I cropped them out for the above picture so you could see her action shot without distraction.  But, I can’t help but show you the bigger picture as well, b/c it makes me chuckle. IMG_7413 The kid from the yellow team looks totally dejected as she runs past with the ball (that’s my girl) and I love how her team mate appears to be summoning his super powers to propel her up the field.

More picture fun can be found here or here.

Do you shop at Amazon?  If so, please click here to read more about how you can help me help those suffering in Sudan without costing you anything more than a click of your mouse.  Together we had raised $280 dollars total as of January, but since then thinks have drastically slowed down.  Just wanted to remind you of this simple opportunity to help as you purchase birthday gifts and other things throughout the year.

24 comments:

  1. Awesome! So glad the game went well and she got into it and had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss Soccer Season. Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness.....soccer at this age is such a hoot! They look like bees chasing a beehive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She looks so proud and happy...what great memories these shots will be!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow she had a Blast!!
    She is Precious!
    Happy WW!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She looks like she is having a great time!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is adorable! She reminds me of that cute little girl on Hope Floats. I can just imagine her saying, "Mom, is this where you were queen of corn?" hehe. Thanks for the prayers. It means a lot to me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. For the joy of the game.
    You Go Girl!!!
    Love the joy and attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like they are enjoying themselves, you must be so proud!! And your summoning super powers comment made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the pictures. Your daughter looks really cute, and that little boy in yellow really tells his story by his stance!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love her huge smile. Soccer is such a great game for girls. My daughter played from kindergarten all through high school.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's right... show those boys who's boss! : )

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like she had a lot of fun. That is a great sport to get into.

    Thanks for sharing. Happy WW :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey! What's that green stuff all over the ground?? :)

    Bob (from New Mexico)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so glad it went better. Sometimes our expectations are so high that we become very disappointed. And I LOVE the action shot with all the kids. It's AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes, you can tell she is so enjoying herself!! Good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh what awesome photos to have...she looks so thrilled!

    Happy WW!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I never saw anyone enter 2 before :) That is funny!

    She is a soccer super star!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So glad she came around! And she looks like a natural out there!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very nice captures of this fun competition.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Now that is our little soccer girl!!! :-) Looking forward to seeing her play soon.

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a message (No account needed, you can be anonymous)