Branded

, , 16 comments

My family’s love for Chick-Fil-A goes deep and wide. 

chick fil fans for life

The first symbol my son recognized was for Chick-Fil-A.  He could “read” it at age 2.  And anytime he saw a cursive C he thought it stood for Chick-Fil-A.  At that same age, I showed him a symbol for the golden arches and he had no idea what it was. 

My daughter’s one year scrapbooks both have pages dedicated to their “first Chick-Fil-A” kids meal experience. 

eat more chicken It’s this deep love for Chick-Fil-A which prompts me to dress my crew like cows and herd them to the local Chick-Fil-A for cow appreciation day every year.  I don’t don cow costumes simply for my desire to get free food.  I do it because I love Chick-Fil-A.  I can tell you right now that if McDonald’s offered me a free meal for dressing like a farm animal, you would not find me showing up dressed head to toe as a cow or chicken or any other mammal. 

I save this public humiliation for one fast food franchise alone.

we love chick fil a 

dear, sweet Chick-Fil-A

…with it’s delicious real, not processed chicken sandwiches and nuggets, it’s sweet tea which is so delicious I would give up my Coke A Cola addiction for it, it’s table toppers so my kids don’t have to eat off messy tables, it’s second miles service with cashiers who will willingly take my tray to the table as I am busy juggling kids, and drinks, and food,  the hostesses who come to my table and refill our drinks, not to mention the indoor play areas, hand spun milkshakes, and Christian values.  Need I go on?  Shall I say more? 

This year we had our very close friends join us for the festivities.  We’d been looking forward to it for weeks.  When D day or shall we say Cow day arrived, they were in the midst of trying to buy a house. They actually invited us to take a look at the house before our IMG_0149dinner date.  While there they decided they did indeed want to put an offer out on the house.  But what about cow appreciation day?  Their realtor graciously offered to follow us to Chick-Fil-A for them to sign their papers.  He ate his dinner while our families enjoyed our dinner date.  Then they signed on the dotted line, cow costume and all, while we entertained the kiddos in the play area.  I can only imagine the conversation he had with his wife that night.  “Honey, you’ll never believe the clients I met with today.  No, no dinner for me dear.  I ate at work…the crazy couple were wearing cow costumes as they filled out the paper work.  Yes, that’s right I said cow costumes….”

Yeah, we’re branded all right…and we seem to share this obsession with our friends as well.

cow tipping**Cow tipping takes on new meaning as my little calf/acrobat gets down on all fours and asks if I want some milk, after which she does a summersault on the playground floor.

16 comments:

  1. we got Chick-fil-a for lunch today and my girl saw the pictures on the kids meal and was so angry at me for not dressing up and going on Friday, But I figured that My Hubby would not be inclined. Apparently I was wrong. he loves the place almost as much as you do. so Next year....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now why couldn't THAT have been the day we got locked out while I was dressed in my cow pajamas?? I would have blended right in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you believe I've never had the joy of Chick-fil-a? There aren't any out here, but listening to all you East Coasties and Southerners talk about it makes me really want some! : )

    I'm traveling to North Carolina this summer for a weekend conference. I wonder if I could get away and find one to try?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's almost like a cult...but they serve waffle fries.

    Our side (across the Rio Grande) of Albuquerque finally got a C-F-A a few months ago. This time next year I'll be the size of a cow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh...you guys are tooooo cute!! I love it!!!

    I wish we had one close to here!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun!!! I heard that it was time for the Chick-fil-a freebie and wondered what your family would be doing to celebrate. Looks like you had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Crystal, I am a friend of Karen's. Currently we happen to be blessed enough to live near the CFA capital, Atlanta. One of the best things about living here is that there is literally a CFA on every corner. In fact we ate there last night. A local CFA was having family night and every kid dressed in their bathing suit got a free meal - great deal. I agree with all of your lovely CFA sentiments, but you forgot to mention their AWESOME LEMONADE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Becky, yes, you MUST, MUST make stopping at Chick-Fil-A a priority while in NC. NC has tons of CFA's so it shouldn't be hard... be sure to report back on what you thought!

    Angela, I am so jealous that you live in Atlanta! It is seriously my dream to go to Atlanta and eat at the dwarf house and tour the CFA corporate headquarters. I kid you not, it is on my itinerary for any trip we make south of SC, don't care how far out of the way it is! And you are right about the lemonade, my son would disown me for forgetting the lemonade, he LOVES it and its freshly squeezed deliciousness!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It all started with your job at CFA when only 15yrs old!!! I KNEW you wouldn't miss Appreciation Day - but you never mentioned it?!?!? Has me inspired to work on some costumes for next year!!! Looks like you had a terrific date - and yes, I can only hear that realtor's stories. But, maybe you converted him into a raving fan also. Do you think your friends will celebrate their new home with a CFA meal?!?! Best wishes for them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh. My. Goodness. I'm dying over here! First, off when you said deep and wide I started to sing, "like a fountain flowing deep and wide...." So that will playing round and round on the radio in my head now. Thank you.

    I cannot imagine signing papers for a new house while dressed as a cow! Hilarious! That should be a new tradition for them to eat CFA every year on the day they signed for their house.

    I myself didn't dress up for Cow Appreciation Day...I'll trust you to send me a friendly reminder next year so the Happy Heart Family can partake as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i don't know what to say. something between "i'm soo not surprised" and "really, i don't think they could have taken it to another level". masks? i'm impressed. though i keep staring at that picture of your buds signing for their house. a moment not forgotten by many, i'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  12. my hubby has worked for chick-fil-a for 9 years and hearing everyone love it so much makes me so proud of him :) glad you guys had so much fun on cow day!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love, Love. Love it! Chick-fil-a is defiantly a favorite. The breakfast chicken biscuit is unbelievably good! I was super skeptical but we had gotten a free coupon and fell in love! I did not know about the dress up day. Will have to try that out next year. Glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Crystal,
    We've been to the Dwarf house and it is definitely a must visit. There is no playground for the kiddies, but plenty of pic opportunities for them in that tiny red door. I will warn you that it is not in the best neighborhood. My husband has visited the headquarters many times as one of the guys in our community group works there. My husband likes to call up to see if he wants to "do lunch" which is code for "Can I come over and have free lunch with you at your work?" Let me know when you plan your trip, I will see if we can get you a "hook up."

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE this - what a super special memory :0]

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a message (No account needed, you can be anonymous)