Through the Eyes of My Soon To Be 5 Year Old

, , 11 comments

When my oldest doesn’t take a nap, I am often looking for creative ways for him to play quietly while the girls sleep and I do “whatever I do” during nap time. 

Often time he plays quietly in his nap room (I separate the kids during nap time so they aren’t sleeping in the same room) or will play a computer game.  Some days, however, I give him the point and shoot and let him have fun with his artistic side. 

Man, does he have fun with it too.

One day he came up from nap and asked me to download the pics onto our computer.  He had taken 88 pictures in 20 min in the guest room!

He comes by it naturally though, as now that we are “digital” Scott and I have a tendency to snap quite a few, resulting in 2 external hard drives for picture storage. Ahem!

So here are some pictures taken by my son over the past month or so.

I love his little feet peeking out at the bottom in this one.

IMG_4999

His patient model.

IMG_4934

(If you only knew the 15 or so shots he took of her wearing the scarf and hat).

Another day he had fun snapping pics while I was typing on the computer. IMG_4748 IMG_4717

Don’t I look “lovely”?  Just keeping it real for ya folks!

These are some of my favs… I love his use of perspective.

IMG_4730 IMG_4746IMG_4989

 

Took me a long time to figure out what the shot below is of.  Any guesses?

 IMG_4962  

Here are a few from his Self Portait Series.

self portrait

I know this one is fuzzy, but I love it too much to leave it out.

IMG_4919

Check out Jessica’s fun, Real Life Carnival to see more blog pics taken

through the eyes of a child.

11 comments:

  1. What a great shooter. The picture is of the top of a candle, I think.
    I too love the last photo. It is as precious as you both are.
    Love you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh old style printer paper we have two huge boxes of it for crafts. Love the cookie pictures... Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a neat idea...Maybe he'll turn out to be an amazing photographer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these!!! MC enjoys taking pictures with her kid digital camera but it runs out of batteries so quickly! I think I may let her experiment with my point and shoot more often. Thanks for sharing these....he's a pretty good little photographer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I especially love the picture of those chocolate chip cookies - yum!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are so sweet--I love how he dresses up the dog. Mmm...cookies! I like the crayon picture too--funny, around here, crayons are only in the box on the first day, after that we throw them in a tin of some sort...

    So glad to see you played today!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE this idea! ANd, I have no idea what that pic is??

    He's a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember that old printer paper - never stayed on the traction feed. He comes by the photography naturally from his parents - started the day he was born with about 600 pictures??? Love the shots that he captured.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, he has certainly captured the dog at her most glamorous!

    His cousin Rose also loves to take pictures, although her model (Lily) is not quite as patient or cooperative! I am planning to post some soon...

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are great. You all have a great camera to be able to do those close up shots! That makes it so fun when they come out clear. How is he doing with school these days?

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a message (No account needed, you can be anonymous)