Need Some Chocolate??

, , 7 comments

We’ve been battling some germs here at the circus.  Everything from ear infections, stomach bugs, croup, asthma attacks… we seem to have had it all, and then had it again. 

After this week’s bout of croup went from kid to kid (with the baby waking up today with a fever) I am thinking Momma could use some chocolate.   So, during nap time today I plan to whip up some of these (my favs) and enjoy a little chocolate fix while I try to catch up on some blog reading and commenting.  For those of you that have stopped over this week from the UBP, I am eager to stop on over to your blogs as well.  

 

Can't Leave Alone Bars
1 pkg         White Cake Mix (18-1/4oz Box)
1/3 c         Vegetable oil
1 can          14 oz Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 c             Semisweet Chocolate chips
2                Eggs
1/4 c          Butter

Directions:

  1. In a bowl, combine dry cake mix, eggs, oil.
  2. With hands, press 2/3 of the mixture into a greased 13x9x2 baking pan.
  3. Set remaining Cake mixture aside.
  4. In a microwave safe bowl, combine the Milk, Chocolate Chips, and Butter.  Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH for 45 secs, Stir
  5. Microwave 45-60 secs longer or until Chips, Butter are melted; stir until smooth. 
  6. Pour over crust
  7. Drop teaspoonfuls of remaining Cake Mixture over top.
  8. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned
  9. Cool before cutting (they taste way better after they have cooled, then warm)

Yield: 3 doz  ( I promise, like the title suggests, you CAN NOT leave em’ alone)!

 

Hope you enjoy this easy and delicious dessert.  And don’t forget to come back this Friday.  My sweet hubby has been staying up until all hours of the night for the past two weeks working on my new custom blog layout…can’t wait to show it to you on Friday and have you enter my give away!

7 comments:

  1. Everyone is STILL sick?? You poor thing...um, I mean, your poor kids! It's a wonder you haven't come down with any of it yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds way yummy!
    Hope all is well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are so Sorry you guys are still sick! We missed you all at the Party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry you were all so sick. I'm praying for a quick recovery and a break from all the sickness!!

    Those bars look so yummy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo, we're baking over here, too!! Great minds... :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got that recipe from my mom - same name and everything! I hope your well deserved treat gave you some pick me up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy recipe! I tried it out for when Rebbecca V and family came over. I wanted to try something new and these were easy and good too. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a message (No account needed, you can be anonymous)