Why We Love Camping

, , 25 comments

Here are the top 10 reasons why my family loves to go camping.

10. It's cheaper than a hotel

($20 a night versus $150 a night)A mother daughter moment

9. Smores!

IMG_6220

8.  It ensures that the ground will get the water its been deprived of all summer long.

camping and WV 034

7. Beautiful views

IMG_6194

6. Togetherness

camping and WV 048

(look how cozy our beds look in there...we almost always wake with at least one kiddo snuggled up next to us)

5. Dining al fresco

IMG_7062

(some people pay big bucks to eat in the great outdoors)

4.  Everything tastes better when it's cooked over a fireIMG_6887 

(note the distance between my daughter's hot dog and the actual fire...not exactly cooked)

3.  Daddy does most of the cooking

IMG_6836 

2.  The kids can play freely and without worry of breaking things.

camping and WV 008

(lest you think we are horrid parents, this was NOT the fire pit we used for the campfire)

1.  You don't have to be clean 

IMG_6873

(anytime one of us went to take a shower or clean up while camping, my son would say, "But Mom, when your camping you don't have to be clean!")

 

We went on a few camping trips this summer and made many priceless memories.  To read what other people did this summer, check out Kristen's Sizzling Summer Vacation Spectacle.

25 comments:

  1. Cuteness. I especially LOVE the S'mores photo, he and I could be soul mates! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post and fabulous vacation! We love camping and I agree with all your reasons! Loved the picture of the smores and your son, that was your son, right? And not a smores posing as your son....

    ReplyDelete
  3. That boy loves his S'mores! Too precious!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awh...me too!

    Great share and tell!!! Liked all pix but loved the sticky smore's one most as I could taste it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great idea for a post! kuddos for adding all the pics. your family is so fun. we're going camping next weekend (on our kayaks!) and i can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  6. #8 -You too?? LOL I shouldn't have complained so much on my blog . . . . .this is the only time we'v'e been to the coast that we've encountered rain. That's a miracle itself! My son also was not happy whenever I had him bathe :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pictures! I like camping too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are hoping to go camping this fall so it will be a bit cooler, looks like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow it looks like you all had a blast, we are going on our first camping trip this weekend! I am not so excited, but I am going to try to be a good sport about it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It always looks like you guys have so much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like a wonderful time was had by all!! I especially loved the S'mores picture...with marshmallow on the eyeball. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How fun! Our family loves to camp too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think it's a great thing for families to enjoy nature and appreciate the simple things in life.
    Andy has a camper for sell on his car lot so now I think he's wanting us to give it a try. Never been camping. You'll have to tell me what to pack. Besides smores...of course.

    ReplyDelete
  14. oooooh, what fun! It looks like ya'll had a great time! Especially with the smores! How cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh do I remember those days Even when we wore on the beach in summer it was so cold. But still think of those years.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I will use ANY excuse to eat S'mores. Your kids are going to treasure these memories!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The picture of him eating the smores with the marshmallow all the way up into his EYE should win a prize, seriously!

    I posted something today calling for stories about your worst parenting mistakes. If you've already posted one in the past or feel like posting another one and linking up, I'd definitely appreciate it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. #8 has me truly LOL!!!! :)
    Looks like a fun camping trip.
    I haven't ever been camping.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great list! I personally like 3 and 4 the best but for the kids hands down number 1 is the best. They can get as dirty as they want, catch as many bugs and other creepy crawlies as they want. Happy camping

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh I LOVE this post! It is so true and the reasons why we camp too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi, again! I stopped by earlier and left a comment from the linky page, then I popped in from my comment page to say thanks for stopping by my blog. I saw that you had left some Steeler love on my blog. :o) Then I read that you went to training camp. Cool! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Makes we almost want to go camping.

    ReplyDelete
  23. We love camping, too! The s'mores picture and the last picture are the best! It is all about getting dirty.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yum! S'mores are my favorite thing about camping. Great list & pics!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Almost makes me want to camp.

    Almost.

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a message (No account needed, you can be anonymous)