A Sunday Game of Tag (or two)

, , 10 comments

It seems the blogging world loves to play a good game of tag.  I've received two tags in the past few weeks.  So, for those of you looking for some Sunday reading here is way more than you could possibly want to know about little ol' me!!

image

 

Busy Mamas tagged me over a week ago with this Meme...  (Sorry Busy Mamas for taking so long to respond)!

Think back on the last 15 years of your life. What would you tell someone that you hadn’t seen or talked to for 15 years? How would you sum up your life? You get 10 bullet points. A list of 10 things to summarize you. At the end of your list, tag 5 more people and send on the love.

1.  15 years ago I was 14.  I guess that makes me preparing for my freshman year of high school.  Since it was summer time, I was most likely busy preparing for my first year in the marching band.

2.  In December of 1996, my senior year of High School, I started dating my hubby.  I remember coming home from a date with him on Dec 22 and telling my parents that he "liked me" so we were now "going out" as in he was my boyfriend!!  I was so excited!!  (and still am)

3.  In May of 1997 I graduated High School.  In the fall I started at Towson University and Scott started at Grove City College.  That winter my parents moved to western PA (their hometown).  So the summer after my freshmen year of college I went to my new home in western PA and then started at Slippery Rock University (b/c instate tuition moved to PA with my parents).

4.  OK I picked Slippery Rock mainly b/c it was known for its education program (and I was an education major) and it was 7 miles from Grove City College.  Towson had RUF (Reformed University Fellowship) and I had made lots of great Christian friends and loved it there.  Slippery Rock was a P-A-R-T-Y school and while I attended a Christian fellowship group there it wasn't the same as RUF and I hated it there.  I pretty much spent every weekend at Grove City (yea to my future sister in law who let me sleep with her on her top bunk almost every weekend) so that winter I decided to suck up my pride and transfer AGAIN... in January of 1999 I started at Grove City College.  I had changed my major from elementary education to English/Secondary Education b/c I loved the English classes I took at Towson and Slippery Rock and professors from both places encouraged me to do so.

BUT, one semester of Brit Lit at Grove City was eye opening to me.  After a lot of praying, thinking, talking... I realized I was much happier working with children and so I changed my major back to elementary education that fall. 

5.  In May of 2001 I graduated from Grove City College with a degree in Elementary Education and 5 schools on my college transcripts (Towson, Slippery Rock, Community College of Beaver County and the Community College of Allegheny County).  In order to graduate in 4 years I had to take classes at the CC during the summer and take January and May minisession classes AND take 21 credits the fall semester of my senior year.  BUT I DID IT!!!!

6.  And 2 weeks later I married my high school sweetheart Scott.  I can honestly say that my married life with him has been truly charmed.  When asked how we liked married life shortly after we were married, we both responded  "it's even better than I thought it'd be and I thought it would be good"  Ask me now and I'd say it just keeps getting better! 

7.  I taught third grade for 3 years at a small, private, Christian school. 

8.  In spring of 2004 I had my son and became a stay at home mom.

9.  In winter of 2006 I had my daughter.   It has been so much fun watching the two of them bond and connect as siblings.  They share a room and while they def have their moments of rivalry, I'd also say they are best friends. 

10.  In the summer of 2007 I had my second daughter.  She too is a delight and now that she is growing from baby to toddler I am really enjoying getting to know her and see her personality come out!

 

imageI guess if asked to sum up my last 15 years, I'd have to say the Lord has been very good to me.  I truly love my life as wife and mom of three and wouldn't change a thing!  I am tagging Amy, Mrs Querido, Erin, Jessie, and Karen.  Your turns to reminisce and take us on a stroll down memory lane!

 

 

Still reading??? 

Interested in learning even more random knowledge about this blogger?  Keep scrolling down.... game number two below!!

 

Last week Jessie tagged me with this bloggy award.  Thank you dear sister!!

 

image

 

A. attached or single?
Happily attached, till death do we part, to Scott

B. best friend?
Scott

C. cake or pie?
I really don't care for cake all that much.  Growing up my mom often made me a birthday pie instead

D. day of choice?
Sunday-- worship in the morning, then everyone (including mommy and daddy) naps in the afternoon, Scott is always off, a very low key day

E. essential item?
tough call between my laptop or my digital camera

F. favorite color?
pink

G. gummy bears or worms?
I'm not really a big fan of either, if I had to pick, I'd say worms

H. hometown?
I grew up in Severn, MD

I. favorite indulgence?
dessert

J. january or july?
July- it's the month of my birthday and there is fireworks on the 4th

K. kids?
3- one boy and two girls

L. life isn't complete without?
A relationship with Christ

M. marriage date?
June 2nd

N. number of brothers & sisters?
One brother, Jordan (hubby to Muthering Heights)

O. oranges or apples?
apples-- the best are freshly picked in the fall, otherwise I also like granny smith

P. phobias?
I am scared of heights

Q. quotes?
I am not so good with quotes, love reading them though

R. reasons to smile?
Where do I start? The Lord has been so good to me... the fact that I have a hope and purpose for my life is reason to smile despite any circumstance... also my terrific hubby and 3 kiddos make me smile each and every day!

S. season of choice?
tough call... I am typically excited about whichever season is next...so thankful I live in a place that experiences all 4 seasons.  Spring and Fall are my two favs though!

T. tag five peeps!
Keep reading...

U. unknown fact about me?
I feel like my life is pretty much an open book, every thing I think of putting down I realize some body already knows it

V. vegetable?
green beans (with mushroom soup)

W. worst habits?
compulsively checking my e-mail and my blog for comments, skipping breakfast

X. x-ray or ultrasound?
ultrasound

Y. your favorite food?
grilled steak, corn on the cob, enchiladas,

Z. zodiac sign?
I don't follow the signs

 

I don't think I have enough people on my blogroll, seems I am always tagging the same people, so this time around... it's open, whoever is stumped for something to blog about, feel free to snag this tag!

 

OK... no more info on Crystal... that is it!!  Did anyone make it to the bottom?  Wow... you were really bored today, huh?  Just kidding... if anyone is still reading... thanks... better leave a comment now, so I know how much you care! :-)

10 comments:

  1. This was fun!!! Your college experience was much more exciting than mine! I love reading these so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love learning the little things that don't come up in normal day to day blogversation!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Crystal! Jocelyn told me to start reading, and I'm really enjoying it!! You make me laugh, and you're so faithful to post. Thanks for writing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. z) I answer "the Cross!"
    Both Christ and I care.
    Love

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh you take me down memory lane.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are so many memories that you share

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought I would let Jack crawl around and eat the crap off the floor for a while...or chew on cords, whatever. Your blog is better than tv...well, not better than America's Test Kitchen, but that is not on now :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i'm just chillin' for a bit and needed to catch up on your happenings, so yeah I read it all

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes I read all the way through - and loved it and YOU :-)

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a message (No account needed, you can be anonymous)