Girls Just Wanna Have Fun!

, , 14 comments

IMG_4298This weekend my husband and my son went  away for a Father/Son camping trip.  More pics and details to follow later this week.  For now, it's girl time!!

 

I stayed home with the two girls.   We had a wonderful time playing and bonding. We baked chocolate chip cookies.  Because a girl has got to have her chocolate fix, right? 

 

And then to be completely stereotypical, I took them shopping at the mall.  I IMG_4328 am not really a big mall shopper.  I don't find the mall to be the most economical place for me to purchase things.  I typically use the mall as an event, we walk around, we eat some food, we look at the animals at the pet store.  This trip was no exception.  Except since our sole purpose was just to spend time together and I was in no hurry to get anything or be anywhere, we, as my daughter put it, "played mall."  We all got dressed up first, fixing our hair and wearing the our bright pink clothes.  Mommy even wore a skirt so she could look pretty like the girls.   We got our pink purses and I let my two year old bring her baby doll and stroller so she could push her baby while I pushed mine.   This was the highlight of both of our day.

IMG_4318The look on her face as she pushed her stroller through the mall was priceless.  She was all smiles.  She'd stick her purse up on her shoulder and push her stroller down the mall stopping to smile at everyone she saw.  She had a blast.  (And so did I)!  We went into Clarie's Boutique to try to find more little pony tail holders for her  (because I am so excited that she is now letting me put her hair up in pig tails)!  I hadn't been in there since I was in elementary school.  We found just the kind she liked and she got to pay for it with my credit card.  We grabbed dinner at Chick-Fil-A and then made our way back to the car. 

My daughter told me as we were leaving that she had so much fun "playing mall" today.              

enjoying dinner in the foodcourtfun with camera

While we all missed the boys and were eager for them to return home to us, the time by ourselves was good.   My middle child got to be the the big kid for the weekend.  She got to set the stage for things and be in the spotlight.  In a lot of ways it was her weekend to shine.  She impressed me with things she knew that I didn't know she knew (like counting and certain shapes).   And my baby for some reason seemed a little less baby like as the two of them were playing on the floor with each other. 

14 comments:

  1. Your daughters are adorable! Little girls are SO much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you "played mall" with your girls! They are so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so much fun!!!! i can't wait 'til labor day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. maybe i do want to have girls afterall!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It must have been so special for your older daughter to be the "big kid" with you for a day! I'm sure she cherished the attention from you!

    And I have to say, I'm jealous of her lovely long hair (seeing as Bootsie Baby is in the mullet stage)! Oh, the styles you could create...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We went to the mall last night for my B-day and we discovered Madi likes the mall stroller better than hers. Andy bought me an outfit and then we ate at a yummy place called Cheddars. Sounds & looks like you girls had a nice day.

    Thanks for your wonderful email.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh, and good job on the devos yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for your prayers Crystal - they are felt and appreciated more than you know.

    Love in Him < Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I love it. I have been thinking just this week that I need to start doing girl things with my middle (girl). I realized this week she at that age where it would be so fun for both of us. We take Sammy to movies all the time and since movies are not her thing, she always gets the shaft. I've been trying to think of things to do and of course I kept coming back to shopping. I LOVE the idea of bringing the stroller and baby doll. She will love it. Thanks for the great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How special!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha - you smart girls. You do it your way, while the boys do it their way.
    Excellent double post

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like the girls had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. YAY for a girls weekend! Lauren and I went to Florida last year for about 5 days, and it was the BEST girltime EVER. Since I don't have daughters, my friends and sisters give me my girltime fix! :):)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like to "play mall" with my boys actually. We go to Arundel Mills to play "atrix" which means playing with the "reatrix" machine in front of FYE. Joey loves it! It can use that as a bribe to do something for myself on the same trip.

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a message (No account needed, you can be anonymous)