Weekend Thoughts: More

, , 3 comments

I've sung along to these lyrics dozens of times as I drove along in my minivan.  But when I was running last week and this song came through my headphones, they hit me unlike any other time.  God loves me, Crystal, more than the sun and the stars.   As I listened to the words, I just imagined my Creator singing them to me and I was overwhelmed that He would chose to love me, wretched sinner that I am.  I encourage you to read these lyrics, and listen to the words and imagine your Creator singing them just to you.  He loves you that much, you know and more.

Take a look at the mountain
Stretching a mile high
Take a look at the ocean
Far as your eye can see
And think of Me
Take a look at the desert
Do you feel like a grain of sand?
I am with you wherever
Where you go is where I am
And I’m always thinking of you
Take a look around you
I’m spelling it out one by one
Chorus:
I love you more than the sun
And the stars that I taught how to shine
You are Mine and you shine for Me too
I love you yesterday and today
And tomorrow I’ll say it again and again
I love you more

Just a face in the city
Just a tear on a crowded street
But you are one in a million
And you belong to Me
And I want you to know
I’m not letting go
Even when you come undone

Chorus

BRIDGE:
Shine for Me
Shine for Me
Shine on, shine on
Shine for Me
I love you more than the sun
And the stars that I taught how to shine
You are Mine and you shine for Me too
I love you yesterday and today
And tomorrow I’ll say it again and again
I love you more

 

 

One more thing that got me was this line, "I love you more than the sun and the stars that I taught how to shine You are Mine and you shine for Me too" 

God created the stars to shine, and he created me for that purpose too.  My purpose for being is to glorify God, that is why He made me.  Am I fulfilling that purpose each day? 

This is what I am pondering this week.  I hope you too will be moved by the love of our Father and will take time to contemplate wether you are living your life each and every day in a way that shines for Him and brings Him glory.

 

Weekend Thoughts:
My posts typically relate funny anecdotes about the happenings here at the circus. While my days are seldom “normal” enough to leave me without a “post worthy” moment, I use my last post of the week to highlight something a little more “thoughtful” and significant. If you had a thoughtful post from this last week, or choose to make a new one, please feel free to add a link in the comments section below. I’d love to hear what you are thinking.

3 comments:

  1. I posted a reflection blog!

    http://everyurlwastaken.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. UGH I posted after half my comment got deleted! Ah, the joys of living with a toddler!

    I, too, have sung that song countless times and never really thought about it. It's amazing that God loves us that much. More than we could ever comprehend. More than we love our kids! THAT is the amazing part! He is so proud of us. If He loves us that much, how can we not fall on our faces and worship Him? Great blog!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a message (No account needed, you can be anonymous)