Weekend Thoughts: What a Man!

, , 4 comments
This weekend we are celebrating my husband's 29th birthday. As I look back at some of his baby pictures, (isn't he such a cutie) I am so thankful for the man he is today and feel incredibly blessed to call him my husband.

There are many things I respect about him, but at the top of the list would be his integrity, his perseverance, and his wisdom. We've been married almost 7 years now and since I get to live with him day in and day out, I truly get to see all sides of him and I can honestly say that he is consistent and that he genuinely strives each day to glorify God in all he does. As the head of our household, he models love and devotion. He is also a ton of fun. He makes up songs about me and the kids and belts them out for us. He sword fights and plays hide and seek and makes us all laugh. He leaves us with no room to doubt his commitment and love for his family.

I am incredibly thankful to my in laws for raising such a man of honor. Being a parent now myself, I know the job isn't easy and I appreciate the godly home they raised him in. As I look at them, I see many of the traits in my husband that I love. Thank you for praying for him all these years and for setting before him a godly example. Thank you for praying for me since before I was born. I feel so blessed to be married to your son and a part of your family. It is my prayer that our son will grow up to be just like his dad and that our girls will someday marry men just like him too.

Deuteronomy 6:4-7 (NIV)


"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one. Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up."



Proverbs 22:6 (NIV)



"Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it."


Week End Thoughts:
My posts typically relate funny anecdotes about the happenings of a stay at home wife and mom with three kids. While my days are seldom “normal” enough to leave me without a “post worthy” moment (i.e. read here), I intend to take some time on the weekend to highlight something from my week that’s a little more “thoughtful” and significant. If you had a post from this week that was reflective in nature, please add a link in the comments section. I’d love to hear your thoughts.

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Super Husband and Dad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Son, and Thank you Crystal.
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Hello! Took me long enough to come by and see you. Sorry!
    It is obvious that you would be considered DEAR to your husband and in laws because of the love in your heart for all of them. I love this post!

    I have not added links to Prayerfully Yours yet and I think that we will. When we do, I would like to list you, OK?

    Love the way you used scripture with your reflections of the week.

    Take Care!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a blessing to have such a great son-in-law. Hope that he had a terrific birthday - especially after such a beautiful tribute. And what a thoughtful thanks to his parents.

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a message (No account needed, you can be anonymous)