Here's what's for dinner...May 5th-11th

, , 5 comments


I thought I'd share my 4 year olds favorite lunch sandwich with you all this week. Those of you feeling a bit adventurous might want to give it a try. You put peanut butter on one slice of bread, grape jelly on the other (nothing new here) and in the middle you place a slice of cheese and a few slices of ham. He invented it, he LOVES it and has eaten it every day for lunch for the past few weeks. If any of you give it a try, please comment and let me know what you think! As for myself, I think I will pass.

For those less daring, here's our dinner plan for the week...





  • Monday: I am out (AGAIN) for dinner with the girls for a MOPS leadership meeting (Am I spoiled our what?). My hubby is making fish fillets for him and the kids. (I am so excited about this b/c I HATE fish and my husband wants to introduce the kids to it, so this seems like the PERFECT solution)!



  • Tuesday: Since I was gone on Monday and we won't have properly celebrated Cinco de Mayo, we'll be having enchiladas for dinner with corn muffins and salad.



  • Wednesday: My husband starts his summer Wednesday Night Sailing races today. Since he won't be home for dinner the kids and I will have french toast. Perhaps with a side of cottage cheese jello or applesauce to go with it. (My son and I LOVE cottage cheese jello. You take cottage cheese and put it in a food processor or blender to smooth out the curds, then mix in a box of jello mix...My husband and daughter can't stand it.)



  • Thursday: Pepperoni Bread with a side salad (one of my husbands favorites)



  • Friday: Chicken Tortilla Soup (I made this recipe a few weeks ago, got it off of a Menu Plan Monday and I LOVED IT) (more salad... I am trying to be better about eating our greens)!



  • Saturday: Nothing beats Daddy grilling some hot dogs and enjoying the weather out on the deck



  • Sunday: Since it is Mother's Day, I am letting Daddy and the kids take care of today... in the past he has grilled me a steak (my favorite) with a side of baked potatoes (He also reads my blog so this is a HINT ;-)).


To see what other people are having for dinner, check out the Menu Plan Monday organizer.

5 comments:

  1. OMGosh! :::gagging:::

    Enjoy..... :::gagging more:::

    Nicola

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Sunday suggestion has been received. I think you won't be disappointed :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love grape jelly on a monte cristo and I have a peanut butter cookie recipe that calls for bacon fat instead of butter. My dad use to eat swiss cheese and peanut butter in his youthful dys. Yur son may be on to something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Buy lots of cheese and ham! My son created PBJ & Cheese when he was young and still likes it! (he's 18 yrs old now) Like you, I am still not willing to try it. On the other hand, my husband created grilled PB&J (instead of grilled cheese). It is really good, the jelly is warm and the p-butter thins to make it easy to eat. Be sure not to glop it on too thick, it can make a big mess!

    I must confess to an occasional Sundae dinner on Sundays. It has all the food groups: Ice cream for dairy, nuts for protein, banana for fruit and toss on some dried oatmeal or other dry cereal for grain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmmm Sundae on Sundays.... I could get into that! Thanks for the suggestion! :-) We've tried the grilled PB&J with the addition of chocolate chips in the middle... mmm, mmm good!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a message (No account needed, you can be anonymous)