Week End Thoughts: Comfort in Dark Nights

, , 1 comment
Last night the power went out for 3 hours. My 2 year old woke up in pitch darkness and obviously was scared. I fumbled my way to her room using the glow from our glow in the dark stars to guide my way. I then slept on her floor to help her fall back asleep. Occasionally she'd wake up scared and I would reach my hand up to let her know I was still there. When the power came back on, I went back to my bed.






When my husband got up later he found her asleep in our doorway. I guess she followed me back. First I slept on her floor, then she came and slept on ours. I guess the reassurance that we were nearby gave her comfort.

How cool is it that God has chosen to use a parental analogy, "Our Heavenly Father" when describing his relationship with us. Through the work of his Son I can call out to Him anytime, anywhere and He is always there. His presence alone can bring comfort just as being my our side comforted my daughter last night. How often during scary nights do I reach out just to make sure He is still there? May I always seek Him out as my daughter did when she needed reassurance. Thankfully, He doesn't make me stumble through the dark.

""Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?." Matthew 6:25-27

Week End Thoughts:
My posts typically relate funny anecdotes about the happenings of a stay at home wife and mom with three kids. While my days are seldom “normal” enough to leave me without a “post worthy” moment (i.e. read here), I intend to take some time on the weekend to highlight something from my week that’s a little more “thoughtful” and significant. If you had a post from this week that was reflective in nature, please feel free to add a link in the comments section. I’d love to hear your thoughts.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for the great analogy. I too am thankful for the reassurance that God is with me through those dark hours as well as when the light returns. Cute picture!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a message (No account needed, you can be anonymous)