Queen for a Weekend

, , 7 comments

This weekend I was reminded of how a little care and attention can make one feel loved and cherished. 

They lathered me with love as they enthusiastically rubbed my legs and feet with lotion.

IMG_7930

Then my son found a battery powered fan and eagerly cooled me down when our power went out on Saturday afternoon.  (seriously, was I living the high life or what?)

IMG_7939

On Sunday they woke me up with breakfast in bed and flowers.  I love how they sprung open the door and screamed “Happy Mothers Day!”IMG_7943

and the way they eagerly raced to my bed and scrambled on top to present me with their cards.  

No Hallmark card could ever come close to making me feel as loved and appreciated as those crayon drawings did or the eager looks in their eyes as they waited to see if I liked them. 

And I was reminded of a fact that mothers through the ages have known, it really is the thought that counts. 

I felt loved this weekend because time and again my husband and kids looked for ways to make me feel special and cherished… be it by rubbing my swollen feet, surprising me by vacuuming out the van, taking me to lunch, making my favorite dinner, or drawing me a picture.  Their actions and hugs and eager desire to serve me and shower me with love truly blessed my heart. 

I had such a great day today just relishing my children… as we sat in the booth at McDonalds and I watched them eat their ice cream cones, vanilla ice cream dripping down their faces… I just savored the sweet and sticky moment, not caring about the mess, but loving their smiles.   While Scott grilled dinner, I enjoyed just sitting and playing with them… not multi tasking, but giving them my full on attention as they drew and we played GI Joes, and race cars, and Uno… I spent the evening enjoying my kids and enjoying being their mom.  We ended the day snuggling on the couch for a bit and then topped it off with some “Hammer Time.”  Nothing like a little break dancing on Mothers Day to end the day with a smile. 

As this Mother’s Day draws to close, I am so thankful for the privilege and honor I have to be their Mommy.  And I hope more often I stop and take the time to enjoy my children like I did today.  They truly are a gift to be savored.

7 comments:

  1. So glad that you had such a wonderful Mother's Day. It is those sweet precious little ones that make your mother role so blessed. Love you, my special daughter :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're one of the best and sweetest moms I know! I'm so glad you had a great Mother's Day doing what all moms should do...enjoying those who bless you to be called Mother. And your kiddos are super sweet and wonderful to bestow you as Queen for the Day! I can't think of anyone more deserving of such a royal title!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you ARE a queen! and the perfect one for your house and kids AND husband. You are beautiful, Crystal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a truly wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the first picture especially! Thanks for reminding us all of the pleasures of being moms. My kids and hubby gave me a great day too and it didn't cost a lot of money. Just time together and thoughtful gestures mean sooo much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know I still havecards made by my kids & some frome little ones who were Grandchildren Fun to read

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a message (No account needed, you can be anonymous)