Another Reason I Love Annapolis

, , 8 comments

Each year the Blue Angels perform a show at the Naval Academy in celebration of commissioning week.  Taking the kids to watch the show has become one of my favorite Annapolis traditions.

IMG_8322 - Copy  They fly so close you see the pilot!

IMG_8324  Scott says I have to point the crazy small distance between the wings of the first plane and the cockpit of the next – They do corkscrew loops in that formation!

IMG_8326 - Copy 

This one is my sons favorite.  They head for each other so fast you are sure they are going to hit.

IMG_8392  IMG_8393 IMG_8394

These three capture the gist of Scotts favorite trick.  In the one below each plane goes on to do a full 360 loop and they all end up right back where they started.

IMG_8406

The whole show is incredible (and free).  We all love the tricks and Scott is always sure to mention what an engineering feet the jets are.  While I have to agree the jets play an integral part, my favorite site isn’t in the sky.

IMG_8343 IMG_8363   IMG_8398IMG_8374IMG_8372  IMG_8364IMG_8354

8 comments:

  1. Wow, great photos! Were you shooting from the Navy side? We were at the 450 bridge on the other side of the river, and had a decent view, but I think not as good had we been on the naval base.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute. This is a great tradition. You know you're kids aren't going to take a nap during the show so you might as well take them. :) Thanks for reminding/introducing all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your fantastic pictures captured the event well - but especially the joy of your kids. Looks like it was a hot day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is that Daddy's Grove City cap?
    I love it that my son takes better shots than his Mon. Son, you rock. As for the circus Mom - you are amazing. Love the joy on the little faces.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH they are beautiful pictures I think I am going to put it on my Moving picture fram. Think of me every time you see them. Loved your letter as usual..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I am so jealous. I think they have a day when they do their stunts in MN, but I'm not exactly sure! How cool. I LOVE how happy your kids look even though it's so LOUD! And you are looking fabuloso! (is that a word?)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those air shows are so cool! We used to watch them in Moffett Field!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a message (No account needed, you can be anonymous)