And You Wondered Why I Call it Life at the Circus

, , 12 comments

Sometimes a mother’s ability to multitask isn’t a good thing… as I attempt to juggle one to many balls, I find that I can accidentally drop one and not even realize it for several hours.

Last week while I was talking on the phone and cleaning up the living room, I noticed the kids sitting on the floor with some stuffed animals and scissors.

I keenly observed that something looked amiss, so I grabbed the scissors from my sons hands, quickly told him that they needed to be used only at the table, and went to the other room.  I noted that my son gave me a guilty look and made a mental note to have a chat with him later.  I figured he had cut his stuffed animals hair and wanted to make sure I reminded him that scissors were for paper only.

Phone call over, another argument between children settled, and a few messes cleaned up, and it was suddenly time for lunch and naps.  Before I knew it the kids were down for naps and I taking advantage of the peace and quiet.

All too quickly that was over and I was snuggling with my middle child when I looked over on the floor and noticed a pile of hair.

IMG_8628 

Red flags quickly went off as I realized that was the same spot I had confiscated the scissors from hours earlier.“Please be cabbage patch hair, please be cabbage patch hair” I inwardly pleaded.  

It wasn’t.

What on earth would make my five year old think that it was ok to cut his little sister’s hair? 

12 comments:

  1. Whoops! My once daughter cut her own hair, but never someone else's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe he was practicing so he got the cabbage patch's hair right!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have cut my own hair at that age... maybe he was trying to be helpful?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I know, I know. When my 9 year old was about 4 she had the most beautiful gold ringlet that hung right in the middle of her back. Her younger brother snipped it off one day. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cut my sister's hair around that age. Maybe I was a little older, but not much. The babysitter jokingly mentioned that I should cut it since it was getting long....guess I didn't realize it was a joke. I remember being in so much trouble. Her bangs were jagged and in such a mess. And we hid the hair behind her bed. I just pray that my own girls never get this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh NO!! I wonder if he just wanted to see what would happen to her hair if he did it. We haven't experienced this so far...

    It will be fun to do kindergarten "together"! What kind of requirements does your state have? We have to do 4 hours per day for 180 days, and turn in attendance records.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you figure out the last question let me know because I have an 8 year old who just cut his hair for the 4th time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh, NO! oh, NO! oh, NO! I've got nothing else to say! oh, my goodness! that is horrible! oh, NO!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhhh gosh! It seems like every kid I know has done this, except my own! (KNOCK ON WOOD! KNOCK ON WOOD! AHHHHHHH!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Uh oh...it doesn't look like a whole lot...can you camouflage it without cutting her her short?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jocelyn cut the cat's hair and then put it in piles according to color; black, brown and white. To this day we can't figure out why the stupid cat just laid there and let her do it.

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a message (No account needed, you can be anonymous)