Not Exactly Frosty…

, , 15 comments

It’s been a few years since we’ve had a good snow fall here in MD.  And by good I mean accumulating enough so that you don’t see the grass poking through the snow. 

This is the only snowman we were able to scrape together this winter at the circus.  Don’t the kids look kind of forlorn? 

IMG_3212

Seriously, take a closer look at our “snowman.”  I am sure my friends up north are rolling on the floor with laughter at our patheticness.

IMG_3209

Since Old Man Winter, didn’t provide us with much of the white stuff here, we decided to have our own snowman day.  I’d been planning to do it in Jan and then suddenly I found myself a week from March and panicking b/c a snowman day in March with the St Patty’s decor up, just wouldn’t have the right feel.  Originally, I had planned to invite a bunch of the kids friends over and have a big party with snacks and crafts and the like.  But, I was running out of time and out of social energy, so we settled on a low key snowman day at home.  

We started the day snuggled up in our pjs watching Frosty the Snowman.

 IMG_4350

  After naptime our family friend stopped by and joined us in making our own indoor snowman out of ivory snow detergent and water.  The super easy recipe can be found here.  (tip: I found I had to keep adding in a lot more of the detergent though to get it to a thick enough consistency to form our “snowballs”).  I really think that these turned out cuter than our “real” snowman.

  IMG_4372 IMG_4376

 

IMG_4389When Daddy got home, he helped us top the day off by fixing snowman pancakes for dinner. IMG_4394

   So even though it looks like we’ll go yet one more winter without a “scrapbookable”  snow fall here in the middle east coast, at least we can say we had our fun with snowmen!

15 comments:

  1. Poor little snowman...I think he's kind of cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea. It looks like you guys had a lot of fun. I hope you have recovered from your busy social schedule.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have beeen so sad to not have had any snow this winter....well, non to speak of really. I can't believe we have to endure all of this cold and inside-ness without snow. It is cruel really. Snowmen are fun though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can totally sympathize! I did the same thing with my kiddos...made snowman crafts, snowman treats, and even had a "Snowball" fight with a a slew of cotton balls. It was really fun and I didn't have to mess with any wet snow clothes! Gotta love that. :) Cute pics! Thanks for sharing your ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish we had more snow here to make snowmen. Looks like you guys had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You mean you have a friend that's creative too?? Big sigh! LOL! Looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that idea!! That's really, really cute.

    And those pancakes look DELISH!

    ReplyDelete
  8. As a fellow Marylander, I feel your pain. We couldn't even scrape together enough snow for a snowman like yours, but we did manage to scrounge up enough for a couple of snowballs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea!!

    P.S. I scheduled a Backwards WFMW April 1!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, from up North with an over-abundant amount of snow and super-cold this winter, I would gladly have sent you some :-)
    Since one of your children really dislikes being cold - I am sure she enjoyed YOUR snow fun. Looks like a super day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. so how did you become such a super-fantastic mom? i'm hoping you write a book because my kids will be totally jealous they don't live with Aunt Crystal and that their cousins are cooler than them. especially considering it might be a while before our kids even know what snow is. crazy el paso. i got a sun-burn yesterday. it was 85 degrees.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, an indoor snowman. I would have never thought of that! Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The big day is March 27th...plenty of time to mess more cakes up! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. well you finally got your snow you wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOL! Your snowman is very...creative! ;0) Love the cookies!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a message (No account needed, you can be anonymous)