Check Your Windows…I think pigs are flying

, , 23 comments

I can’t explain it, but there is some innate, motherly, compulsion,need, desire to force my kids to pose nicely in their Easter clothes.  More often than not, this event results in a very patient dad who kindly obliges his wife and tortures his kids, 3 restless and bored children and ultimately a disappointed mom who is stuck with 30 pictures of her kids in their clothes, and yet not one where they are all smiling.  To top it off, we are then late for church…

This year I decided to try something different. IMG_7138

I asked Scott if he would mind setting aside some time earlier in the week so we could dress the kids in their outfits and take pictures at the park… I was hoping that by doing it earlier in the week we could remove some of the stress from Easter morning and also perhaps in a relaxed and fun setting, we just might capture a few good pictures in the process.

I couldn’t be happier with the results. 

IMG_7058

We got a shot of all three of my children smiling! 

But wait, that’s not all… we even got some individual shots of each kid.  IMG_7070

IMG_7113

IMG_7097

And if that wasn’t more than a mom could every hope for… we even got a few, fun candid/artsy shots as well.

IMG_7032

IMG_7062

IMG_7098

Seriously, I couldn’t ask for more…took almost 3 years, but I finally got the shots of my three children that I’ve been hoping for.

pigs_flying

23 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pictures! The perfect spot and weather for them. Enjoy the week with your lovies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures are beautiful. It is SUCH a challenge to get all three smiling (who am I kidding, I just wish they would all look at the camera)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are awesome!!!!! I love their outfits. I love their smiles! I love the water background! They look professionally done! Great job, Scott!

    Of course, you have very cute subjects to work with!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful pics. The setting at the beach is gorgeous! I think the age also has a lot to do with getting better cooperation. Yay for smiling kids and a well thought out plan by Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those pics, beautiful children and ver cooperative for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your kids are so AWESOME! How incredible to get those pictures. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pics!!!...and great idea to get them done before Easter. I may try that myself!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pictures!!! Such a good idea to take them before the holiday excitement has the kids wanting to do everything besides looking into a camera! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Love those pictures! The kids are adorable, and you captured some fantastic moments.

    ReplyDelete
  10. why does this almost bring tears to my eyes? is it because i just watched a sappy movie that has my emotions all astir? is it because it's almost midnight and i should be asleep?

    or maybe it's because i have the 3 cutest nieces and nephew an aunt could want - with an amazing SIL that put this all together. great job with the photo shoot. (to Scott, too.)

    well, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ps. i assume it goes w/o saying that i want copies of each and every one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. love these! great idea, momma! and good timing too since it will likely be another 3 years before you can be successful at this again, ya know, with a baby added to the mix!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow!!!! Those are AMAZING shots! I can't imagine living in a place where THAT is the park. We don't see that kind of scenery out here in the mountain desert. : )

    Your kids are beautiful! I can already imagine the scrapbook pages. LOL. You know where my mind is these days. : )

    ReplyDelete
  14. I tried that last year and got some... OK ones, I think the problem was that The Boy was just a bit too young. Plus the water helps EVERYone is happier by the water... unless you have a phobia I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loved the photos. Happy Easter to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my gosh, those all came out so good!!!!!!! They all look so adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love those pictures! There's something about water that makes for beautiful pictures - but I think your beautiful kids had more to do with it! :) Great idea, I may have to plan a pre-Easter photo shoot on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  18. awesome pics it makes u feel wonderful when your kids listen so pictures turn out great.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Put all those pictures in a baby album for the new circus member to page through (and chew on) ... baby will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your pictures are incredible!! What a great way to take the stress out of taking the perfect Easter picture!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Amazing, you give me hope that I will eventually get a shot of all three of mine looking at the camera and smiling too. Found you through Gianna's blog. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a message (No account needed, you can be anonymous)