Cupcakes To Go!

, , 15 comments

Ever tried to pack cupcakes in a lunch box?  It creates a gooey mess all over the sandwich baggie and takes all the fun out of eating it when your hands are covered in icing. 

I saw this handy little trick in one of my student’s lunches back in my teaching days. 

Take your plain cupcake.

IMG_6627

Slice it in half.

IMG_6630

Take a glob of icing.

IMG_6631 

Spread it in the middle of the cupcake.

IMG_6632 

Push it back together.

IMG_6633

And now you can stick it in the baggie without worrying about smearing icing all over the place.

I typically set aside a few cupcakes each time I make them so my husband can enjoy one in his lunch.  Icing the middle of the cupcakes totally works for me when packing cupcakes in his lunch. 

15 comments:

  1. Now, that is a tip I'll keep under my hat for sure! Great WFMW post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant. Buttering with icing. What could be better? Hey, your little bundle will be here SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scott (aka Circus Dad)Tuesday, March 23, 2010

    I can vouch for this "works for me".

    ReplyDelete
  4. SMARTEST BLOG POST EVERRRRRRRRRR!!!!
    I'm so excited about this new trick!!! Thank you, thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so, i guess i need to make some cupcakes. and soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea! I will have to remember this one for sure!

    I am following you now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's brillant! I am definatly packing a cupcake some time soon for lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a great idea! I know my kids wouldn't mind that either!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do something similar when I make a sheet cake (iced on the top only). When packing it in hubby's or daughter's lunch, I cut the piece horizontally across the middle and then stack the bottom piece on top of the iced top, so the icing is in the middle. Nice and neat!

    ReplyDelete
  10. GREAT idea - I have sliced the cupcake in half the other direction and frosted the center then transported them that way. This seems even a little less messier!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a smart idea, that way your not skipping the good stuff. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is simply brilliant! Perfect tip for passing along. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an incredibly ingenious idea!!! You are one smart cookie - or cupcake in this case!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a message (No account needed, you can be anonymous)