Look Who’s a Big Girl Now!!

, , 10 comments

IMG_5292

That’s right after her total regression back to diapers in August (after a completely embarrassing trip to the grocery store which involved my wiping pee up off of the floor--twice, the shopping cart, not to mention our groceries….I thought I would never leave the house with her in underwear again) but after Christmas we decided to give the ol potty train a  try once more.  My mom told her at Christmas it could be her New Years resolution.  To which she replied in her sing songy voice, “resolution?  I don’t have any resolutions!”

She was ready this time.  We’ve been accident free during the day for several weeks now and this week we took the plunge and starting putting her to bed in her underwear.  

It’s official folks…after 5.5 years…the circus is diaper free (for 4 months anyway).

10 comments:

  1. Woohoo that's wonderful! Sounds like a time for a celebration! It's a wonderful feeling to be done with diapers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Congrats. She's a doll!
    We are going through this with Madi too. She finally wanted to do it and she is 100% diaper free now!! Cha Ching!!! Saving the moola! And it is so great to see how proud they are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I'm rejoicing with you! What a great feeling. I can't wait until that day :) And I can totally relate to that horrible shopping trip. Why must accidents occur and the most inopportune time?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I am looking forward to that time myself... but with The Boy at only 16mos. I do see that happening anytime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to her! Enjoy the four months of no diapers! Noah has come back from his regression also for which I'm so grateful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Scott (aka the Circus Dad)Friday, January 22, 2010

    WhoooHoooo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! Any hints for me? My oldest is not even interested in being pull-up free!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LUCKY! and i think i remember that original post! woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome.

    Adeline: "Mommy, I want to see the girl on the potty again."
    (said while I'm reading blogs today...we saw the picture yesterday. Your daughter left quite an impression). ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Way to go Big Girl!! Enjoy that diaper-free time before the budget includes it again :-)

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a message (No account needed, you can be anonymous)