It’s a…

, , 13 comments

BABY!!!!!

image

This morning we had our sonogram appointment.  While it is our fourth pregnancy, I try as hard as I can to not take anything for granted.  I don’t think I realized how much I was “holding my breath” so to speak before the appointment.  Words can’t adequately express the feelings of thanksgiving that overwhelmed me when the tech and then the doctor told us that everything looked healthy and normal. 

As if that wasn’t blessing enough, we were blessed with an amazing, go the extra mile, super kind tech.  We brought the whole circus with us.  She let us point out things to the children.  She then printed a picture of the baby waving for each kid and even typed their names on each picture so that they each got a picture of the baby saying hi to them.  This totally melted my mommy’s heart.

And the baby completely cooperated put on a show for us.  The baby waved, put his her hand on his/her face…grabbed his/her feet… and even yawned.  It was truly amazing to watch.  I don’t recall any of the other children being so animated during our sonograms. 

imageIt was a precious moment of bonding for our now family of 6 as we stared at the screen this morning.  I am so overwhelmingly thankful…for the life that lives inside me, for the lives asleep in the room beside mine who are eagerly awaiting the arrival of their baby brother or sister, for their Daddy whose smile lit up the room when he saw his baby for the first time, for the technology that provided this wonderful bonding experience and the tech whose patience and care made the visit all the more special. 

Psalm 139:13-15

       For you created my inmost being;
       you knit me together in my mother's womb.

       I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
       your works are wonderful,
       I know that full well.

       My frame was not hidden from you
       when I was made in the secret place.
       When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,

13 comments:

  1. I used to love getting the u/s photos!!!! It made it seem even more real. How nice that your kids got to experience that with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! You were able to get amazing pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Words (at least my words) can't express how I felt reading this blog post. It was truly a blessing. I am also blessed by you and your family.
    Hello baby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How precious! That was so nice of the tech to give each of your children their own picture...I'm sure they will treasure it for many years. Your pictures are incredible and I'm praising God right along with you for your beautiful, healthy baby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh, my dear, precious friend. I got chills looking at these pictures and reading this! What an incredibly special moment for you and your family. I can't wait to meet this baby and see how he/she nestles right into your adorable family. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is wonderful! I am so glad they let everyone in!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OUR baby yawned too! Isn't it the coolest thing EVER? I'm so happy that your kids got into it so much! That is just plain awesome. And watching your husband's face is just awesome! I'm with you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is awesome that the tech let the whole crew in! And to print them each a picture of their own...how sweet! I bet they were each so excited! What a truly wonderful and blessed day for your whole family!

    And that baby...I can just tell he or she is going to be just as cute as the Circus kids already here! And as entertaining!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Blah! I'm a mess so happy and thankful for you and your precious family! I'm gonna get a tissue!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How exciting! The boy/girl sonogram appointment has always been my favorite one of the pregnancy :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. i can attest first hand as to how excited the kids were about the new baby and his/her pictures... i even got to go with them to Target to pick out frames!

    ReplyDelete
  12. congrats on the new baby i didn't even know it was on the way. all the other kids look cute. when u get a chance email me

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a blessing. God is so good. Even after having Adeline, I was still amazed when Camille came out with ten fingers and toes, her eyes and ears in the right places, and able to breathe and eat. So happy for you.

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a message (No account needed, you can be anonymous)