One Too Many Park Signs

, , 17 comments

When we'd been married a little over a year when we set out on a cross country vacation to take in National Parks, a few new cities, time with family, and a visit with friends.    Because we are scrapbook geeks or maybe just geeks, we decided it would be fun to pose in front of each national park sign. 

At first we posed like normal people, you know arm around each other all cute and coupley...

  Grand Canyon

But 7 days and who knows how many miles later and we thought it would be fun to pose creatively...  (get it we "are the arch" with the real arch inside)

arches np

Once this crazy theme started, it just got worse with each additional hour riding in the car.... (Here we are posing as a mountain at Rocky Mt National park, before digital cameras hence the only pic we took was a fuzzy one).

 rocky mt

Yes, it really can get worse.... as we do our Mt Rushmore impersonation...

mt rushmore

But the worse was by far Wind Cave National Park.  As we drove through Wind Cave all we saw were buffalo and prairie dogs.  (Turns out the real attraction at the park was the caves underneath, which we somehow missed). I am not sure which one of us came up with this great idea, but we thought to "keep it fun" we'd pose as a buffalo and prairie dog in front of the park sign.

wind cave np

Because we are THAT cool!

The worst part is we've kept up on our ambition to visit every National Park and we have a frame in our guest room which holds each National Park sign photo.  So, yes when friends and family come to visit they get to see this shockingly scary photo of me posing as a prairie dog. 

For more photos that shouldn't be shared with the world, check out THAT family's weekly carnival. 

17 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I needed that laugh! Those pics are priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scary? No way! These are some of my favorite pictures of you...you look so beautiful, because it's obvious that you're truly having fun and delighting in the memories you two were making!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just shot an M&M across my den on that last one. Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that is sooooooo funny! You guys crack me up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Which gene pool did this creative and wacky trait come from.
    8-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the praire dog pose! Really made me laugh and it's good to see that you guys can goof off together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always thought it was so creative!!! I always enjoy seeing how many new parks you make it to see - and your pictures in front of the signs. Happy Travels!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I almost spit water out of my mouth at the prarie dog pose. I did not see that coming.

    Oh my.

    Hilarity.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sure your kids will one day be amazed at what cool parents they have ;) Your pictures sound like something hubby and I would have done as newlyweds.

    ReplyDelete
  10. While yes, slightly embarrassing, I think it's fun to just be silly...At least you look good in the photos, no crazy perms or anything.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can just imagine the remarks from the children when they hit the teenage years....

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never seen a better looking prairie dog. :-) Or buffalo for that matter.

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL! You guys are such a hoot :) I love these shots.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ah yes... Young, in love and NO KIDS. Those were the days...

    ReplyDelete
  15. That sounds like a family tradition in the making--now you have 3 recruits ham it up with, and the potential for a room full of collage frames!

    ReplyDelete
  16. HILARIOUS!!! I can't wait to see you getting your kids into this - especially as teenagers!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a message (No account needed, you can be anonymous)