Fly Away dear boy Fly Away!!

, , 8 comments

Who would ever thought soccer cleats could be so cute?  When I took my son to get his cleats at the beginning of the season, I thought those cleats were far cuter than any baby bootie I've ever seen.  I've never been into bronzing the baby shoes, but I will be tucking these cleats away in a box to look at years from now when I complain of the big stinky cleats I find sitting in my doorway. 

Last week we watched my son's last game of the season.  In some ways he's come a long way since that first game.  He knows to stop when the whistle is blown.  And while he never scored a goal, he did dribble the ball down the field a few times.  My husband and I couldn't have been more proud at the rainy game a few weeks ago when he ran after the ball and kicked it down the field.  More than once!  I remember Scott and I looking over at each other with such enthusiasm and shouting, "He touched the ball!" 

His antics at his last game were truly memorable though.  For a good 20 minutes of the game my dear son was running up and down the field with arms held out wide at this side. 

Much like an airplane.  IMG_9280(See number 7 there on the left? That's my boy)!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

And being his mother and in tune with the workings of his mind, I knew in fact that was what he was doing.  So while the other kids were racing for the ball up and down the field, he ran along side them  soared along them.  I asked him about it when he came to the side for a drink.  "Were you being an airplane out there bud?"  His reply, "Yea Mom, I was pulling a sign behind me!" 

IMG_9282

One of things I love most about my dear son is his active imagination. 

Fly away, dear boy, fly away!!

8 comments:

  1. I loved the puffed out cheeks in the last photo. No drought he was making airplane engine noises.
    ===---- '-/>

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it! i wish i could have been there to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He was so cute - and in his own little imaginary sky. Wonder what that sign he pulled had to say?!?!?! Such precious memories. Reminds me of scripture - " But Mary kept all these things and pondered them in her heart." Luke 2:19 KJV
    Enjoy and embrace motherhood!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like he's having the time of his life! And so are you and Scott!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe you didn't have his first baby shoes bronzed. But you certainly should have his first CLEATS bronzed...and they'll look amazing!

    Check out www.abcbronze.com/other.php

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel the same way about Jake's first cleats. I can already tell that sports are going to be a huge part of his life and those first cleats are so tiny and precious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cutie! It's great that he can enjoy playing on so many different levels. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. See, now if that were Joey, he would have found a large stick and would be a "bear catcher." He loves running after people with sticks.

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a message (No account needed, you can be anonymous)