A Misunderstood Cow

, , 11 comments

DSC02532  My children have been inundated with Chick-Fil-A from birth.   The first thing I ate after my daughter’s delivery was a CFA sandwich.  I have scrapbook pages in each of my daughter’s first year scrapbooks, dedicated to their first Kids Meals at Chick-Fil-A.  The first logo/graphic my son recognized was for Chick-Fil-A.  Anytime he saw a cursive C when he was a toddler, he thought it was the word Chick-Fil-A.   They’ve known and loved the Chick-Fil-A cow since they were babies and we’ve even dressed like one for the past 5 years.

IMG_5121Knowing this complete obsession and undying love fondness for all things Chick-Fil-A which they’ve grown up with will help you better appreciate the conversation my son and I had last week after enjoying the free Labor day Chick-Fil-A sandwiches.

Son: “Mom, I love Chick-Fil-A burgers without the pickles.”

Me: “Really?  More than their nuggets? 

Son: Yea, well it’s the same thing as the nuggets except the nuggets don’t have the bun and I like having the bread b/c its easier to hold.”

Me: “That makes sense, but they aren’t called burgers. Their called chicken sandwiches, because they are not burgers.”

Son: “Oh.  Then why do they have all the cows everywhere?”

IMG_8566 We have a plethora of Chick-Fil-A cows in our home.  Each kid has a small one in their bed, I have the Santa cow up in my kitchen at Christmas time, and we even have a giant one in our toy room.  And for the past 5 years my son thought that was because we loved eating Chick-Fil-A cows. 

Oops.

I went on to explain the Chick-Fil-A marketing plan to my five year old.  The cows aren’t there to advertise eating more cows.  Why would cows want to be eaten?  I told him how the cows are there b/c they don’t want us to eat them; they want us to eat chicken instead.  Despite the misunderstanding, Chick-Fil-A is still (and will always remain) our favorite restaurant.

11 comments:

  1. How funny! I tried to explain the Chik-fil-A cow vs. chicken thing to my girls too...they didn't really get it. They're generally kind of confused about the whole animals and meat issue. Funny, because I actually wrote a post about that subject...it'll post tomorrow night. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure he will have a better understanding when he can read the signs they wear, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really funny. maybe you don't feed that boy enough beef...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is very funny!!! I was a bit confused by it at the beginning of their campaign. Now I just think it was genius!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha, that's great. it's funny though--until i got pregnant, i hardly ever ate chick fil a. that's not so weird until you remember that my hubby works there. and just so you know, you cannot eat so much chick fil a that you get sick of it. at least i don't think so, since it's been 9 years for geoff and he still likes going on his days off. (also, this story reminds me of my friend's little brother, who one time asked, "hey mom? what's in these hot dogs? i mean, i know dogs. but what else are they made of?" and this was while the beloved family dog relaxed under the table...haha)

    ReplyDelete
  6. so did he get it? it's backwards thinking in a way, so i'm wondering how well he understands. it took me a while to fully comprehend the brilliance that is Chick-fil-a.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too funny! We have tried Chick-fil-a twice and both times it wasn't good. A lot of people out here like it though. We'll have to check it out again. We are obsessed with In-N-Out Burger... We have a bathroom decorated with INO stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just started going to CFA recently. And you know what I had to research the cow thing. I mean don't get me wrong, I understand it and totally think it's brilliant, but not having a CFA education I had to look closely at what the bovines were saying about CFA.

    And I love the chicken sandwich with some buffalo sauce on it. And the pickle, of course.

    And the tea, oh please, don't get me started!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are too cute!

    Man, I'm really missing out on that place! I wish there was one here!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am sure you could write a book about your Chick-Fil-A adventures, with numerous photo illustrations. Such a raving fan!! Hope the little guy understands - but just keep on eating! Love that he stepped up to the sandwich - but sad that he is growing up so fast.

    ReplyDelete
  11. "Why do they have the cows everywhere?"

    Bah ha ha!!! That's hilarious!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a message (No account needed, you can be anonymous)