Testing out the Mistletoe

, , 5 comments

One of my favorite things we did this Christmas was take the kids shopping for each other and for us.  It is heartwarming to see them get so excited about giving.  I also loved seeing what they picked out for others. 

My son is an excellent gift giver.  He is very thoughtful and thinks very hard about finding a gift the person will truly like. 

I just had to share the story Scott told me about taking him shopping for my gift.  It’s a memory I don’t want to forget.  Ah, the innocence of youth!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

According to Scott, my son really wanted to get me mistletoe and flowers for Christmas.  This is truly sweet and actually quite perfect b/c I have always wanted to have some mistletoe to hang in the house.. guess you can call me a hopeless romantic. 

When they were shopping for mistletoe they had a very hard time finding it.  My son was convinced it had red berries and Scott was fairly certain it had white.  They asked two different people and both sided with my son on the red berries. 

Soon they found a plant with red berries and Scott told my son he wasn’t sure if it was really mistletoe.  

My five year old then totally innocently and very seriously said to Scott,"Dad, why don’t you just hold it up over somebody and see?”

Ha, ha, can you imagine?  Your minding your own business shopping at Target and a man you don’t know puts something he thinks is mistletoe above your head.  “No ma’m, you have to understand, my son asked me to do it… no really, tell her son, we just wanted to know if …”

Sadly, they weren’t able to find any mistletoe for me, but this is one case where it truly was the thought that counts and I did greatly enjoy the pink roses he gave me on Christmas morning.

FYI - According to wikipedia, mistletoe has white berries…so Scott was right!

Visit Mary’s blog for more Tiny Talk Tuesday…where others share the innocent, cute, and laughable things that come out of their children’s mouths!!

5 comments:

  1. it has white. and skinny rounded leaves but people frequently make the fake ones in red berries as most people don't know the difference between it and holly apparently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was soooooooooooooo cute and innocent!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so enjoyed this story on Christmas - and it is a must remember one :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! That is what it is about - reording the moments you don't want to forget! Love the thoughtful gift giver!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great story. I hope you smothered him with kisses...even without the mistletoe.

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a message (No account needed, you can be anonymous)