It's Cookie Baking Time!!

, , 16 comments

After years of research in my test kitchen, I have found that Krusteaz sugar cookie mix tastes better than any of the "from scratch sugar cookies" I have made. 

And not only do they taste good, but literally, you pour the mix, add water, and stir!!

IMG_0885

This is crucial for me, because with my three preschoolers, Mommy needs to spend her time managing the flour and cutting out of the cookies, not measuring and mixing.

I have found that what works for me in these busy holiday days with my circus crew, is to prioritize and focus my energy on what really matters most to us.  Some times that means I make the apple pie from scratch because that is our favorite.  Other times we use the box mix, because our favorite part is playing with the dough and cutting out the cookies.

IMG_0901

   IMG_0889

IMG_0892 

One last thing that works for me during this busy holiday season... we do things in chunks... today's task was baking the cookies...tomorrow we decorate. 

IMG_0894

"You think this looks messy, just wait till I get my hands on icing & sprinkles!!"

 

 

Visit Rocks in My Dryer, for more helpful Works for Me Wednesday tips

and 5 Minutes for Mom, for more truly Wordless Wednesdays.

16 comments:

  1. Hey! Why stop at cutting out the mixing & measuring time...I say cut out the baking while you're at it.

    Heck! Cut out the eating, too! The kids' cookie-eating...that is!

    Focus your energy on priorities ... like eating cookies!! That's what I do! I buy cookies at Whole Foods & eat them before I even check-out. There I am: handing an empty green-twisty-tied shut plastic bag with a hole ripped in the side...and a few crumbs. "Scan that - I'm a busy daddy!" Leaves me more time for parenting! No messy clean-up either. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps - those are some pretty darn cute pre-cullinary-schoolers you got there Ma'am! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did cookies today too... but I confess it wasn't as kid oriented as it should have been.

    http://homegrownstrawberries.blogspot.com/2008/12/cookie-tree.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, they are just too cute!! I love your son's apron and chef's hat. What a fun day!!! We'll be doing the same later this week. We don't have that mix here, so I'll be making mine from scratch. I'll mix it all up while they're sleeping and let them join me for the cutting out and decorating....maybe I'll steal your idea and do that the next day. Good luck with all the icing and sprinkles!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was so totally cute!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look like they are ALL having fun. And 2 days of fun - what a great week!! Can hardly wait to see decorating pictures:-)
    Great pictures, great shots of the enjoyment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those kids are so cute. Really, I can't pick which picture is my favorite. That looked like such fun for them and their faces surely show it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Scott (Crystal's Hubby)Wednesday, December 17, 2008

    Post's like this one make it so much harder to be at work. I general like what I do but come on.....missing out on those smiling faces.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are having a great time! Your oldest daughter looks like she's really serious about this!
    You are a lifesaver! I have been looking for a good easy cookie mix for Pebbles and I to do! She had so much fun with her cousins, we will do it again! Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your son is the cutest thing ever. I love the pictures of him in the apron. His facial expressions are priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute! I can't wait until mine is old enough to "help'... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. OHMYGOODNESS! Seriously cute! I love your son's apron and hat! Happy WW!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love these pictures they look so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adorable pictures! Looks like you've found a way to make it fun for all.

    ReplyDelete
  15. AWWWWW THAT IS TOOOO CUTE THATS A GREAT WAY TO KEEP THEM BUSY

    ReplyDelete
  16. The pictures were worth the work, weren't they?!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a message (No account needed, you can be anonymous)