A Whole New World

, , 3 comments

The kids and I started reading the Chronicles of Narnia a few weeks ago.  I finished reading them The Lion The Witch and The Wardrobe and we’re now onto Prince Caspian.  The truth is, I’ve never read these books before, so I am just as interested and captivated as my oldest son is. 

The other day during quiet time the oldest two kids started walking back and forth between their separate areas… eventually they asked if they could play quietly together and I let them as long as they stayed quiet. 

Quiet time ended.

The younger two woke up and still they played quietly downstairs.

An hour or so later and they emerged…

IMG_2836

bringing with them The 4 Thrones of Cair Paravel.IMG_2845

I told them I wanted to take a picture and they said they wanted me to take a picture so they could send it into Lego Magazine

I’m so excited that they are enjoying these books, but more than that, I am excited to see their imagination go wild and watch them create things.   It’s summer fun just as it should be.

3 comments:

  1. That is absolutely awesome! My in-laws gave us all the Focus on the Family Radio Dramas of the Chronicles of Narnia and I love it just as much as the kids!

    Your kids' imaginations are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love their creation!! I was considering The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe as a read aloud, but I wasn't sure if it would be too hard for my five year old. How does your oldest daughter do with it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never read The Narnia series either. I look forward to reading it with N and C for the first time, but I'm guessing probably not for a couple of years yet.

    Can't believe how independently creative your kids are! That's just awesome and I'll say it again...your oldest daughter is starting to look much like a school aged girl more and more every day! I feel like she still had a preschool look to her when I became a Circus reader/fan/adorer/stalker....

    Lol.

    The years are just flying by! Enjoy these fleeting summer months momma!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a message (No account needed, you can be anonymous)