A Sweet Spring Tradition

, , 2 comments

When my son was 3, I took him strawberry picking for the first time. It was a special Mommy/Son date prior to the birth of our third child.IMG_1690 The next year, we returned, but this time it was a family affair.strawberries 046strawberries 049

2009 brought us back to the same farm, this time with friends.

IMG_8492IMG_8517

And 2010 found me once again at the fields pregnant, with many small children in tow.IMG_8079

This year we found ourselves returning to the farm for a somewhat spontaneous trip.  I knew I wanted to go this spring.  (it has, after all, become a tradition).  But with rain forecasted and a busy week planned, I wasn’t sure when.  We woke to cloudy skies, but no rain and so I hurried the circus crew out the door before they even finished breakfast!  We were home with our pickings before 10 am!!!

IMG_1185

What about you?  What are some of your family traditions?

2 comments:

  1. Look at how they've changed. So precious.

    We do the apple/pumpkin farm every fall, and strawberries every Spring. The boys love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love this post!! My mouth is watering :-) How quickly those little ones change. They do a wonderful job of picking,

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a message (No account needed, you can be anonymous)