Kids Say…

, , 9 comments

IMG_1588 My recently turned three year old has been cracking me up lately with some of the things she says (when she’s not throwing a temper tantrum or disobeying that is…it’s not easy being 3…or the mother of one who is)

Last week when I put her down for her nap she told me she didn’t want to sleep.  I told her that was fine, but she needed to lay down on her bed.  To which she replied, “Mom, that never works… every time I do I always end up falling asleep!”  (she was right, b/c sure enough she ended up falling asleep then too)

A few days later we were at my in-laws for a family dinner.  She returned to the table after going potty and I asked if she washed her hands.  “Yes,” she replied.  Knowing my daughter, I pressed further and asked if she was sure.

Yes, Mommy, I am sure… I washed them before I went potty!” (and back upstairs she went to wash them again)

What funny things have come out of your children’s mouth’s lately? 

And if your looking for more funny anecdotes, check out Mary’s carnival, Tiny Talk Tuesday.

9 comments:

  1. One of my favorites was when my son came home after hearing the story of Adam and Eve. I asked where they lived and he replied, "The Garden of Eating."

    Loved the story of your crafternoon below! How creative!! Thanks for visiting me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, I am so glad to not be the only mother of an almost three year old who is throwing temper tantrums like a pro! Huge sigh of relief! To be clear...it's Caroline throwing temper tantrums, not me. It sort of reads like I'm throwing them. (Although, when I do...I am a pro at it also.)

    Love her thinking on hand washing!!! She is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. she's so practical! often when i close my eyes, i fall asleep, too. and i do believe she was just trying to be efficient in her hand washing. (i'm glad i got to be there to witness that one, too!) she is such a cutie. such and innocent cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad she is still napping for you! So glad I found Tiny Talk Tuesday, it is perfect for my post today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The talking about himself in the third person is entertaining, but whoa there! I thought tantrums and disobedience stopped at the end of 2...

    ReplyDelete
  6. isn't that funny? they are really so smart at 3 and they don't even know it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is too cute!!! I love what she said about falling asleep. Let me just tell you...I am so ready for 3 to be over with. My little monkey will be 4 in a month and I'm hoping that this 3 year old madness ends quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is too cute!! I need to write them down when my kids say them!! I can't even think of one right now..lol!

    Love that picture of her. She has the cutest, biggest smile!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everytime I lay down, I fall asleep - LOL - that happens to me! Wish it happened to my three year old. He just plays for the hour and then is done...sigh...

    What a cute shot!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a message (No account needed, you can be anonymous)