America’s Pastime

, , 8 comments

I clearly remember the first baseball game I attended with Scott.  A coworker had given him the tickets and since we had no plans, we thought, “Sure, why not?” 

As we drove into Baltimore and hit traffic, Scott was in disbelief, “Could this be game traffic?”  He asked.  “I had no idea this many people liked baseball.”

Yea… clearly, we aren’t big baseball enthusiasts.

But, thanks to my oldest son, my children are.  So, we try to get to at least one game a season.

Last week we took the circus crew to Camden Yards.  And, truly, it was one of my favorite nights of the summer.  IMG_2096

Sometimes, you try and do nice things for your kids and it ends in whining and fighting, tears, and Mom and Dad wondering “Why in the world did we bother?”  

Thankfully, this wasn’t one of those nights.

The kids were singing a rousing rendition of “Take Me Out to the Ballgame” the entire way from the parking lot to the ticket office.  I couldn’t help but smile at their enthusiasm.  They were even greeted with a round of applause from the ticket booth. 

IMG_2130 We got great seats, but I was mesmerized by my children.  I cracked  open a gazillion peanut shells and taught my kids when to scream, “Charge!”  I loved the way my son, would randomly scream out “Let’s Go O’s!”  And the way my 3 yr old would jump up and down and dance to the music.   We watched the game and giggled at the vendors and the way they yelled, “Hot Dooog” with their “Balmore” accents.  And even though the O’s didn’t pull through with a win, I left feeling like a winner.

Our littlest slugger enjoying his first time at the ball park.

IMG_2156

8 comments:

  1. oh this so makes me want to go to "the yard"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are brave!! We've only done a minor league game with the whole family. We figured that way we wouldn't be out too much $ if we had to leave early. Glad you had fun! I love your little guy's round baby head. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like the perfect summer memory! If I've said it once, I've said it a THOUSAND times...your family is so much fun! And cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm taking Noah to see the Os v Red Sox next week ... so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun!! Keith and I went to lots of minor league baseball games before we had children and we would talk about what it would be like to bring our future children with us. Sadly, we haven't done that yet...but this reminds me that we really need to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am really glad you all had such a fun time. I Know what you mean about things sometimes turning out less than what you hoped. It is so great when it is even better than you thought it would be!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is EXACTLY one of the very reasons i love your family. even down to the t-shirts! impressive.

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a message (No account needed, you can be anonymous)