Discharge Instructions

, , 28 comments

When our son was 36 hours old we were getting ready to leave the hospital and the nurse came in for official discharge.  Those of you who have had kids know this is the time they give you all those important instructions, “back to sleep”, “umbilical cord care….” 

Those of you who have had more then one kid know that this speech gets  progressively less interesting with each discharge.  While I am sure the nurse had Scott’s undivided attention the first time we heard the speech, he seemed easily distracted this time around.  The lighting though the window had caught his eye and I could hear he was taking a constant stream of pictures…  click, click, click, click…

IMG_9195

IMG_9203

IMG_9206

IMG_9213

IMG_9215

IMG_9225

I've never been so happy to see him distracted.  I love the way he captured our little boy.

Visit here or here for more fun with pictures.

28 comments:

  1. how sweet. and how true! by #3 all i heard was wah wah wah wah (read= charlie brown). LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a complete and utter cutie!! Love the hand signals... my second made them too, tho not too sure what he was saying to us! Happy WW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific shots to remember that baby newness. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are some wonderful shots! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok....now I want a baby and I said after 3 I was done!

    Awesome pics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stop it ... that precious little circus cast makes me want to have another myself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. I think his little newborn smell came right through my computer and made my hormones jump.
    What beautiful shots of a beautiful little boy.
    Congratulations! and enjoy your babymoon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Precious!! I imagine you were SO ready to get him home :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, little buddy. *You* are SO precious!

    PS - I always laugh at the discharge instructions when they say "please refrain from (ahem) for 6 weeks." I'm always like, "lady, that is the last thing on my mind right now." LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. He's beautiful! Taking those pictures was a much better use of time :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh My Goodness!!! These are some of the sweetest newborn pictures I've seen. The light is just perfect. Who seriously needs those discharge instruction for #4 anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sweet! These beautiful pictures are giving me baby fever! : ) And I agree with Lynn, by number 4 they should be asking you if you have any recommendations for the newbies!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh he is so sweet Hug him for me. The pictures are so welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The first, third, and fifth are my favorites! He's so cute! I think Derek watched football during discharge instructions with the last two. nice, I know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. He did a LOVELY job. Congrats on your new blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. oooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! You gotta frame ALL those pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nothing sweeter than a brand spankin new babe. Love the pics! Drop by and link up.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my goodness...isn't he just the most precious baby!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cute, CUTE baby! Good work Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nothing so beautiful as a fresh new life. What a handsome little guy.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love these pics! How perfect he is!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a message (No account needed, you can be anonymous)