Captive Audience

, , 12 comments

They say newborns don’t do much other than sleeping, eating, pooping, and crying.  While that may be true, I gotta tell you the circus crew has not yet tired of watching their baby brother do these things. 

It’s been a week since we brought our little man home from the hospital.  And every-single-time we have to change his diaper, one can hear a stampede of feet as the three of them race for a spot by the changing table to watch.  They even brought a stool in there so they can better see.  Need a paper towel moistened to wipe his bottom?  No problem, there are 3 eager volunteers to help with that.    My youngest daughter will eagerly grab a diaper from the basket and open up the tabs for me. 

IMG_9786  Bath time was a huge hit at the circus household.  The kids were so eager to watch as I gave him his first sponge bath.  One could hear a rousing rendition of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star being belted out over the sounds of his cries of protest.  IMG_0008

Their favorite thing to do with their baby brother is to hold him.  Nothing lights up their face more than the opportunity to hold him in their arms.  You can hear my son tell his brother all the things he wants to teach him when he grows up… how to read and write his name, how to throw a baseball, how to climb a tree…. he can’t wait for him to get bigger so they can play together.  Meanwhile the girls want him to stay a baby forever.  They love to hold his hand and snuggle up next to his face.  Every time he makes a peep, they peek in to check on him in his bassinet or crib.  When my 4 yr old returned from an outing with Daddy the other day, she quickly ran to check on her baby brother.  She came out and lamented, “Momma, I think he got bigger while I was gone!”  IMG_0088 

I love how this picture captures my younger daughter’s enthusiasm for holding her brother… I gotta tell you she looks like this every time it is her turn to hold him… Arms wide open with an eager look of anticipation on her face.

IMG_0091

I love the way they love their brother.  They loved him before he was even born and their love has only grown since he arrived.

12 comments:

  1. That is Awesome! I am so glad they are all so excited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that they are still wearing their big sister shirts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, he is sure being loved, loved, loved. No doubt about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how your 2 yr old is trying to "shush" him in the bath picture : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to the whole family! I love the pictures. You have a beautiful family. The love is obvious!

    My oldest daughter (age 8) was the same way with both of her little sisters. My youngest is 9 months old now and Big Sis still loves to hold her whenever she can. ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. For some reason, my number 8 turned into a smiley in the last comment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwww... love the pictures.... Sure wish I had the presence of mind to take pictures of these similar moments with my crew.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are for sure captivated by him and as well they should be! Hope the novelty doesn't wear off anytime soon! Get some rest, momma!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sooooo precious!!!!!!!!! What a blessing they all are to each other!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah, you might have the sweetest circus crew in town. So precious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I especially love the picture before bathtime - what a great candid! I really like the lighting too. For a while Luke always said he wanted Isaac to stay a baby forever, but now that Isaac is getting older, the boys thinks he is hilarious. they love to try and make him laugh, and love when he talks gibberish, or claps, or makes sound effects. Its so fun to watch the older ones love their baby siblings through EVERY stage, isn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a message (No account needed, you can be anonymous)