Circus Menu

, , 6 comments

Between baseball practice, swim lessons, sailing races, and deacon meetings, our evenings can get quite busy.  And one thing my family is passionate about is their food.  Not so keen on skipping diner. So, to keep dinner on the table, I have found it is helpful to have a plan. 

I must confess I used to be much better about the plan. I’d write up my meal plan for the month and then make my grocery list based on it.  But, for the past few months I’ve let it go and kinda figured out dinner at the beginning of the day. 

This week I’m trying out a meal plan again..taking a step back from the monthly plan and trying out the week, it’s gotta be better than the daily opening of the cupboard and figuring out what we have that the kids will eat.  We’ll see how it goes. 

Monday:  sloppy joes, mac-n-cheese, sweet corn

Tuesday: enchiladas and corn bread, salad

Wednesday: Breakfast for dinner-scrambled eggs, bacon, blueberry muffins

Thursday: Fiesta Chicken, rice, peas or green beans

Friday:  spaghetti and meatballs, salad, rolls

Saturday:  whole wheat pizza, salad

Fiesta Chicken Recipe:

Place frozen chicken breasts in crock pot.  Pour small jar of salsa over top. Cook in crock pot on low for 8 hrs.  Pour chicken and salsa over warm rice and top with shredded cheddar cheese. 

 

image

Find more tasty meal ideas here.

6 comments:

  1. Wow! You do have a busy schedule.
    Great menu planned!
    I'm having a blog birthday drawing ~ prize is a $25 gift certificate from vinylvineyard at etsy.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be over Tuesday through Friday for dinner, kay???! They all sound really yummy, but those are just the my favorites!

    I plan on trying a meal plan, too. I'm hoping that this will be my last week with a squirmish appetite and that I"ll be able to think ahead with regards to food and food prep without feeling blah.

    Did I tell you spaghetti is one of my cravings? Oh yes, indeed...what time is dinner???

    ReplyDelete
  3. What, no MOPS cookout for Monday's meal plan? : ) J/k, I'm sure you're fitting in what you can over a busy summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sadly, no MOPS cookout for us tonight. My son has baseball practice and my husband has a deacon's meeting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm, I really need to start using my crock pot one of these days. It sounds very easy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm not good a meal planning. of course i've never tried.... i hear it'd be the perfect thing. since i think about dinner about 30 minutes ahead of time and all.

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a message (No account needed, you can be anonymous)