A FULL Heart

, , 3 comments

I have had a fabulous week.  We took the week off of school, and aren’t going anywhere but here.   This weekend we did some much needed, long overdue DEEP CLEANING.  I literally stayed in my PJs till 5:00 on Saturday and started in my bedroom cleaning and organizing till the dust bunnies under my bed were all sucked up by the Dyson!  (in the middle of this day when my house looked like a tornado hit, the breakfast dishes were still on the table and I was still in my pjs  my MIL showed up to take the kids for a few hours… a blessing so valuable and appreciated I swallowed my pride and opened the door so she could pick up the kiddos)

Sunday we watched the game snacking on BOGO free burritos from Chipotle and mini heath bars (in honor of our favorite TE Heath Miller).    Then we did a little more tidying, had a leisurely dinner and Scott even got some raking in. 

Monday and Tuesday were spent with the kids playing outside (it has been in the upper 60s-low 70s this week) and my catching up on things inside.    I have felt so behind this fall and by the time we got back from our fabulous Florida vacation, I really felt like I was hanging on by a teeny, tiny thread.   Between soccer and sailing on the weekends this fall and homeschooling during the week, topped with still not sleeping through the night, and gymnastics and cubs scouts on the weeknights, the house has slid further and further down the priority list. 

I feel so refreshed and so energized and so ready to welcome in the Christmas season now that I have finally been able to get on top of the house work.  It is like a HUGE burden has been lifted off of me.  And for this, I am so very, very grateful.

I am grateful for the chance to slow down this week.  Grateful for the chance to catch my breath and catch up this week.  Grateful for the chance to do some crafts with the kids and for the opportunities to spend time discussing what we’re thankful for.  Grateful for time around the house in our pjs, for getting to sleep in. 

Tomorrow we will entertain my parents, Scott’s parents, and Great Grandpa.  I am so excited to cook and eat and just savor the day with family and good food.  I love watching the parade, love how the smell of turkey fills the house and love, love, love me some mashed potatoes and gravy!! 

As I take a few minutes to sit on the couch and ponder this afternoon before quiet time ends and the kids and I get to work on a few more projects around the house, my heart is so full and overwhelming with thanksgiving. 

I am thankful for God’s grace and for Jesus Christ.

I am so thankful for these 4, very different, very active, sweet children who make me smile each and every day.  I am thankful for the privilege of being their Mom.  I am thankful for their love for each other. 

IMG_6340

IMG_4858I am thankful for my sweet baby and the reminder he is to slow down and savor the moments. 

I am thankful for a husband who knows me better than anyone else, who knows my ugly sides both inside and out, and yet loves me more than I could have imagined and makes me feel so valuable and appreciated.   

IMG_5496

IMG_1409I am thankful for friends that feel more like family and with whom I can be truly real.

 

 

I am thankful for our vacation…for the safe travels, health, and the fun memories we shared.

IMG_4676

I am thankful for my parents and my in laws.  I am grateful for their relationships with my children.IMG_7278

I am grateful that Uncle Jim is home from Iraq and that we will get to spend Christmas with their family this year. I am grateful for a SIL whom I consider a sister and a friend.

“Give Thanks with a Grateful Heart, Give Thanks to the Holy One…”

How about you?  What are you thankful for?

3 comments:

  1. That first picture is enough to make your heart full to bursting! Those sweet faces! You have some seriously cute kids.

    As for your deep cleaning...I'm so happy for you. I know the burden of a house out of control and when its back to a state of order once again well, my heart simply sings! And, I would totally let your MIL in to take my kids away for a few hours of good cleaning time. You know, just in case she was thinking about making a five hour drive to do so. :)

    Sounds like you have a mighty long list of things to be thankful for and I can't think of a family more deserving! Have a beautiful and blessed Thanksgiving tomorrow and do me a favor...on Friday morning blast some Christmas music!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks - I am so grateful for such a wonderful daughter!!! beautiful post - as usual. Just love love love those pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apparently I need to take a queue from you and slow down since I'm only just now reading your blog and it's Sunday night! What a great post, Crystal. I'm so glad you had such a great week. Nothing speaks peace to a mother's soul like knowing her "kingdom" is under control. But I'm also glad your week wasn't all about cleaning, either, and that you had time to do the fun stuff, too. Can't wait to enjoy this holiday season with you. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us a message (No account needed, you can be anonymous)